Boat Hire

Welcome Ash Kate 1 :default_icon_wave:

Have you hired before at all? How many cabins will you need? There's so many options that whilst I would tend to book with the boatyard direct, you might find the Hoseasons website useful to get an idea of the different kinds of boats available and the prices. Not all yards go through Hoseasons either but I think that you would find members here who would probably recommend all of them for various reasons of personal preference.

https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays

In my experience Richardson's are always very competitive on price and hard to beat for that. However they are a very large boatyard and some people prefer the more personal touch of the smaller yards such as Bridgecraft and Summercraft. Norfolk Broads Direct have a good variety of boats, always well turned out. And personally I love hiring from Ferry Marina as Horning is a good starting point.

A lot may depend on your basic requirements and the budget you have in mind. There are a number of yards offering discounts for late bookings if you can hold your nerve.

• Timbo changed the title to Boat Hire

Hi Ash, and welcome from me too.

If this is the first time you've hired a boat, I recommend you hire on the North ivers as the tides ar much slower and more forgiving.  My recommendation would be to hire a boat from Bridgecraft, as they are family run yard, plus we've hired from them before and would do so again. They have a range of boats which should meet your needs. The only thing is it's a bit late to book, But you have a good chance of getting a last minute deal. I would also recommend you book a boat designed specifically to go under ALL the bridges. The boat I would recommend would be "Tower Bridge" if you need 2 cabins, or it's bigger brother "Westminster Bridge" if you need 3 cabins. They will give you more than enough space, plus they are designed to go through all the bridges where you can find some of the most prettiest and out of the way places.

Whatever you hire, have a great week, and please let us know how you get on, with a holiday tale along with some pics. 

Happy cruising.