3 Rivers Race 2020

TheQ

Just to wake you all up, However  the entry forms on the website are not yet available,  but if you are at Snowflake Sailing Club today for the Tri-icycle some paper entry forms are available. 

The race 30th May 31st May 2020....

• Like 2

Just now, TheQ said:

Just to wake you all up, However  the entry forms on the website are not yet available,  but if you are at Snowflake Sailing Club today for the Tri-icycle some paper entry forms are available. 

The race 30th May 31st May 2020

Oh the website is 3rr.uk

• 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I thought that the 3 rivers race was on the bank holiday, and the meet was the previous weekend. Am I wrong???

Yes.

Thurne Mouth Regatta is ALWAYS on the Bank Holiday week end. The TRR ALWAYS is on the week end following. 

As for the Forum meet I've no idea. :default_biggrin:

forum meet is 15, 16, 17th May weekend.

may bank holiday has been moved by the government back by 4 days to 8th of may to coincide with the 75th anniversary of VE day, so whether the dates for the various races have been adjusted to the new bank holiday dates I dont know.

late may bank holiday is 25th May, and from above 3RR is 30th 31st May

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This week I and many others are carefully studying the wind for the Three Rivers Race. 

With the tide behind them everyone should get away easily,  the tide making the apparent wind stronger.

Unusually it looks like a solid easterly for the whole weekend,  fairly light at 10 to 15mph, so 100ish  tacking boats till the river Ant,  which itself would be easy with beam winds as would be South Walsham dyke.  Then tacking to Thurne mouth.

Easy beam reaches down to the lower Bure buoy and back to Womack dyke then long tack short tack  in the narrow river either side of Potter Heigham. to the turn to Hickling near Martham boatyard. 

After reaching the Thurne again,  just about the rest of the way home would involve a easy run. 

I suspect many would like to try to get to the lower Bure buoy  before the tide changes at about 12:40, at worst arriving 13:40, the slower boats maybe leaving the short legs till the way home. 

It will be race that favours the light wind boats,  A Raters, Punts,  and Broads Cruisers with tall topsails.

Pity it's been virused off.. 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2020 at 06:30, JennyMorgan said:

An autumn event perhaps? 

No,  it's rescheduled for 5/6 Jun 2021.

The weekend is carefully chosen, long sunny days,  during  the No fishing season.  Before the Schools break up and clog the broads with hire boats. 

Also the Snowflake Sailing Club which hires Horning sailing club,  from 3rd week of October for six months every year has their own mini 3 Rivers Race called the Tri-icicle normally as the first or second race of their season. .

• Like 2