Road Works 2020

TheQ

The A149 water works at the Catfield end have been removed,  the works between Stalham staithe Road (Richardsons)  and the Tesco turning were still there 2 days ago.  They were removing cats eyes today on the same stretch of road,  which suggests road surfacing is about to take place. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm the road waterworks on the A149 have been removed.. 

An odd one not really on the road but may affect you. 

Half the area of the car park behind the Tescos petrol filling station Stalham has been fenced off.  That's about 1/4 of the total carparks.  There is a double height works portacabins with stairs on site.  I have no idea what they're up to,  but the works offices seem to indicate it will be major.. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The road at  (very at) Wayford bridge has been covered with multicoloured marks, expect big holes to be dug shortly..

The work at Tescos Stalham is a  rebuild of the internals, including new refrigeration units. 

I note they've put barriers alongside the Chinese at Hoveton / Wroxham Bridge, I'm guessing to stop the idiots who  think parking there to get something to eat is a good idea, reduces the other idiots who think wandering into the busy A road just because they are on holiday is also a good idea.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, floydraser said:

Does this mean a contraflow past the biscuits and temporary lights by the bakery? :default_coat:

You'll be lucky if you can find the biscuits, every thing has been in a constant case of musical chairs as the work goes on..

Well, the internals are being rebuilt with new refrigeration units,  I believe the counters will be rebuilt.   externally they have cleared the " island " between the Tesco car park road and the station forecourt of vegetation,  what's happening with that I don't know,  the big sign outside is covered in scaffolding.  It's likely all the signage on the front of the building will be replaced.  The pumps themselves are likely to stay they are only a couple of years old,  though some trim and signage will probably be replaced. 

Yes of course 13th to the 16th of July... 

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last few days they've had a trailer mounted machine doing what appeared to be bore holes into the road surface of Watford bridge.  The road surface and edges are now covered with even more paint marks.  I suspect a major resurface / rebuild of the road will take place. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They are just about to start connecting Ludham to the water tower with 3Km of new piping, expect road works in the area.. this is to stop taking water from Catfield Fen.

Water instead will come from Norwich.. I think that means more water flowing into Barton Broad..

• Thanks 1

That Wayford bridge area where they did some test borings on.

The Bridge itself is now surrounded by cones and turned over signs. It suggests that, what ever they are doing is about to start, and with those test borings, It might well be something quite major. Some of the signs indicate it will be single lane light controlled working.

• Thanks 1

Yep, I'd just come on here to report that, though I've not yet found it on any official list of coming road works, it might be a bit to early. it's supposedly for re-waterproofing the deck.

The cones and signs I'd previously reported have now disappeared.

I've now seen an official letter.

A149 Closed at Wayford  Bridge for deck resurfacing / waterproofing, total closure for 3 weeks  from the 2nd November they will doing 24 hour working to do the task.. I suspect not a good time to stay at the hotel or those floating holiday homes..

I wouldn't be surprised if the are navigation restrictions although that's not mentioned in the letter.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Two sets of road works to report, should you be able to travel..

The Wroxham - Norwich road , in Wroxham outside the social club between the Bridge and the Avenues.. Hole in road plus traffic lights..

Stalham right outside the Tesco's warehouse entrance, traffic lights at the Macarthy and Stone misdescribed housing for the elderly, building site, I'm guessing to connect the internal road to the Tesco road. It's pretty chaotic at busy times at anyway, It's causing a nightmare for Artics trying to get into Tesco.. 

• Thanks 1