Yet Another Scam

You sort of have to admire them for their ingenuity and lateral thinking

A few years ago, when CD's were a thing, my local Tesco were losing hundreds a week. They were all security tagged so no one could work out how they got past the front door without setting off alarms. Eventually they worked out how they were doing it.

Step 1. Pick up a load of A5 padded envelopes from in store

Step 2. Put CD`s in envelope

Step 3. Write your chosen address on envelope, apply stamp and post in shop post box.

Step 4. Sit at home and wait for the postie to deliver your ill gotten gains

Nobody had ever questioned it when the alarm went off as the post person walked out of the door. 

Just genius. 

If only they would use their powers for good and not evil

3 hours ago, AndyTBoater said:

You sort of have to admire them for their ingenuity and lateral thinking

A few years ago, when CD's were a thing, my local Tesco were losing hundreds a week. They were all security tagged so no one could work out how they got past the front door without setting off alarms. Eventually they worked out how they were doing it.

Step 1. Pick up a load of A5 padded envelopes from in store

Step 2. Put CD`s in envelope

Step 3. Write your chosen address on envelope, apply stamp and post in shop post box.

Step 4. Sit at home and wait for the postie to deliver your ill gotten gains

Nobody had ever questioned it when the alarm went off as the post person walked out of the door. 

Just genius. 

If only they would use their powers for good and not evil

Might explain why they removed our local instore post box?

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly a scam, more an attempted rip-off.

Bought my wife a Lifetime 80251 folding table for her sewing machine normally £30 on offer for £25 delivered.

My granddaughter saw it and said she would also like one. I searched again and came up with another online company offering the same model at £74.17 - claiming that it was reduced by 4.5%.

Why would anyone think that buying an IKEA product from anyone else but IKEA would be a good idea? Their whole philosophy is to try to produce and transport products in the most efficient manner to be able to offer the customer a good deal. (Mind you...as my son works for them we get a good discount...so maybe I’m biased.)

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Why would anyone think that buying an IKEA product from anyone else but IKEA would be a good idea? Their whole philosophy is to try to produce and transport products in the most efficient manner to be able to offer the customer a good deal.

So you think I should send this £360 Ikea table back to Amazon then? :default_blush: