Broadsedge

marshman

I read the other day, somewhere, and tell me by all means if I am wrong, that Broadsedge were still restricting their opening hours?

If that is the case, and I apologise if I am wrong, and this could I hope ,lead to a very short thread, but why are the owners taking the view that it is up to them as a private company, to police the Government guidelines? I must admit if I was moored there, it would right royally hack me off,especially as I rarely get back to my own marina until around 8 in the evening this time of year.

Please tell me I am wrong - if only to keep st least one thread short and devoid of squit?

• Like 1

It could be because David had a very serious heart condition some time back and is taking no chances. Therefore they could be short staffed.

Anyway they are the owners and this thread smacks of muck raking. I will not comment further.

• Like 3

Because it's the private companies and David's that will get the questions. I support David's stance and I'm never able to think more than 2 seconds about leaving there. It's one of the best marinas I've seen.

Please dont try and stir resentment up there. If you are there and dont like it then you know the saying.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, marshman said:

why are the owners taking the view that it is up to them as a private company, to police the Government guidelines?

I can only guess that they are responsible people wishing to protect both their staff and the well being of their investment? 

• Like 4

.. I was going to edit my comment but anyway.. because liability at present is on business owners and on david.

Parts of the setup there such as security is resulting in locking the place up in the evenings.

Apparently also a certainly authority (who at present has my full support) is asking for assistance for monitoring and reducing overnight stays and I guess as a large northern marina it's to keep lots of people safe and under control. So the only way to do so is by limited hours.

Sometimes theres more going on beyond what we can see..

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 3

Never take a camera these days, simply  because after so long, I never recognise a scene worth recording as "special"  I know that that may sound strange to some of you and I accept how lucky I am, but it is so very normal - but I love it!!!

• Like 1

I went out for an afternoons Whale watching. We were very lucky and they put on a very good show. We saw two types which is rare we were told, Humpback and a Southern Right.

Without exaggeration 50% of those aboard did not see the whales for faffing about with cameras. I often think the human brain is the best photo album, and then I reach for the phone to capture sommut.

The Skipper took the boat which was a jet cat very close to the cliffs nr Hornby Lighthouse at the Harbour Heads and I did take a photo of the tiny Southern New Zealand Fur Seals, not sure if anyone has told them they are in Australia.20171017_153947.thumb.jpg.2c0354dbab2308f8800678f4998035f0.jpg

• Like 1

Its 10 years to the day that No Worries (thanks Facebook) rocked up at Broadsedge. We've no plans to go anywhere anytime soon. David is doing a cracking job, including monitoring the extensive CCTV remotely on his mobile - he's a good ol' boy!

• Like 4

I have had a mooring at Broadsedge for a few years and always found David had a passion for looking after the marina and moorings.

Have recently left there (gave up boating) and would have no hesitation going back there if I ever bought another boat on the Broads.

I guess the opening and closing times at present are inline with some recommendation or hours of business to be able to secure the gates at the end of working day.

I suppose if you feel that your boat is better off locked away, then so be it!

Yup - it was a fantastic day out with just sufficient breeze to take the heat away, as it is so often here. And to top it all, the light this evening was superb and I moored up at the end of a cracking day around 20.30 - a whole 4 hours later than some of my other brethren, and still oh so lovely.

As you say, each to their own...!