North To South Flotilla Aug 06th

well I picked up Water rail and went for a trip around oulton broad, when I approached the yacht station I was waved into a nice mooring spot, and since it would be a shame to refuse, I decided to moor up and spend the rest of the afternoon sorting out places to put everything.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

A plastic interloper, arghhhhhh!

17 hours ago, Vaughan said:

The plastic interloper looks like a classic Freeman 23, from where I'm sitting.

17 hours ago, keifsmate said:

Sought after boats. Hold prices well.

You do not need to own a wooden boat to be invited to attend the wooden  boat show in the same way that owning a wooden boat does not automatically guarantee a place on the quayhead. 

Being involved in wooden broads cruiser preservation either through ownership or in a supporting role will see that dreaded invite land in your in box though :default_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was good to be part of this great team effort, which enabled Jim to make his final journey on his beloved Manxman. It was like one of those "getting to know you" team building exercises.

To paraphrase Griff, this is an event that I also feel privileged to attend and be involved with.   

• Like 3

On 06/08/2020 at 12:19, keifsmate said:

Sought after boats. Hold prices well.

On 06/08/2020 at 12:14, Vaughan said:

The plastic interloper looks like a classic Freeman 23, from where I'm sitting.

On 06/08/2020 at 09:58, JennyMorgan said:

A plastic interloper, arghhhhhh!

It is indeed a 23 foot plastic antelope. However, it does have some wood on it in places. And just to be on the safe side I took a small wooden spoon along for the ride. 

OK - not a true "woodie" in any shape or form but its mine and I love it. Thanks to Dave and Ali who allowed me to join you all and to the rest of you for being so lovely. 

• Like 7