Watching Jingle Jangle On Netflix

Chelsea14Ian

Thanks for the heads up,  I will have a look see.    Could do with some light entertainment.     Absolutely chucking it down here.    We would have been on holiday in a holiday cottage in Potter Heigham at the moment with hubby fishing (?) that's a joke it itself in this weather.

Speaking of 'Noflix'   We have watched some tripe on there purporting to be films.      If anyone has watched any films that they can recommend that are not full of swearing, violence and misery can they let us know.    I like a good story with (heaven forbid) a beginning a middle and an end.       True films especially I love.

• Like 1

Amongst the "feel good films" I have on DVD, I would recommend 'Miss Potter', 'Croc Dundee I and II', 'Anna and the King' and 'The man who sued God'

The last in that short list stars Billy Connelly, and although it does exist, there is next to no swearing, and on those few occasions it is well within character and situation.

Croc I & II I treat as one long film. Again the little swearing in it seems to be appropriate to the film and dare I say, necessary. I've seen 'edited' versions shown on TV and they lose something.

I am reminded of something that happened when I was doing home delivery for Tesco.

I pulled up outside this rather nice house and unloaded the goods. I was met at the door by a very nice lady and a young lad about 5 or 6. On the order was a DVD of Thomas the Tank Engine. Sadly the store had run out of that DVD so the picker substituted it with another film... Train Spotting.

The lady looked at me, looked down at her son then back at me, handed the DVD back to me saying, "No, I don't think so!" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nearly every time we go to Norwich  we go to Elm hill,mainly  to visit the bear shop.We even have a loyalty card.Marina has a large collection  of steiff bears.Her first one given to her when she a child and  was recovering  from a kidney  operation by her Uncle  from Germany. Since then most of her collection comes from Norwich. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chelsea14Ian said:

Nearly every time we go to Norwich  we go to Elm hill,mainly  to visit the bear shop.We even have a loyalty card.Marina has a large collection  of steiff bears.Her first one given to her when she a child and  was recovering  from a kidney  operation by her Uncle  from Germany. Since then most of her collection comes from Norwich. 

Wonderful place, always try but never can resist buying and keep on losing the loyalty card too!

Oh goodness don't start me off about Thomas the ruddy Tank Engine, I know everything about Thomas and his friends :default_biggrin:

You may want to try the numerous Star Wars movies that are shown oh so very often. According to my little ones, it is all true, there really are Jedi Knights, a big hairy thing that growls a lot, everyone seems to know what it's saying except me and then there's Darth ruddy Vader.   :facepalm: x

• Haha 1

On 15/11/2020 at 10:18, Gracie said:

Oh goodness don't start me off about Thomas the ruddy Tank Engine, I know everything about Thomas and his friends :default_biggrin:

You may want to try the numerous Star Wars movies that are shown oh so very often. According to my little ones, it is all true, there really are Jedi Knights, a big hairy thing that growls a lot, everyone seems to know what it's saying except me and then there's Darth ruddy Vader.   :facepalm: x

It’s not just youngsters that are Star Wars addicts 

My son in law Luke (yes that is his name) is addicted , when they married the tables were named after planets from the films , he has a tattoo of the alliance on his arm , their cats are called r2 and d2 , our four year old grandson can name all the characters even the obscure ones , the list goes on memorabilia in every room etc etc , bl***y nightmare !!!

• Haha 1