August/september Weather

Andrewcook

Got this massive omega high right over the Uk bending the jet stream. 
this circles air to the north on the Ireland side and south from the Europe side. 
it’s a blocking weather pattern that sucks moist air in from Atlantic. 
if it happens the other way you get really hot summers and mild winters. 
That’s basically it. 
It’s a fine edge. In other years we’ve had the hot version and we are talking drought. 
The future? It’s starting to collapse as autumnal weather sets in. 
unsettled is the usual result

• Thanks 1

I sure hope the rain holds off this October, like many we are doing staycaystions this year. It will be my first broads holiday in October for at least 30yrs. We don't mind a bit of wind and it being cold but a combination of all 3 makes the broads a pretty miserable place in my opinion. Fingers crossed 🤞

I got caught out by what the BBC call a forecast last week, as will be reported on my resto thread later, and someone suggested I look at the Met Office website. Yesterday when I checked, the BBC were giving another nice weekend for Brundall but the Met Office said wind and rain for Sunday. 

Anyone found a reliable source of forecast for Brundall Gardens Marina, especially the bit of sky above my boat? :default_jumelles:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, andyg said:

We don't mind a bit of wind and it being cold but a combination of all 3 makes the broads a pretty miserable place in my opinion. Fingers crossed 🤞

cut out the baked beans and brussels sprouts and you will be guaranteed only 2 of those weather conditions.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cal said:

The last week of September and first week of October are going to be marvelous weather for the whole of the UK especially the North of Scotland :default_biggrin:

I'm in Scotland this week, boating on the Great Glen (holiday tale to follow). The weather has been amazing so far, I had shorts and sun cream on today.

• Like 1