Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing

CeePee1952

I do apologise, any forum member is welcome 😊 just let me know when you are planning on venturing over. Unfortunately those with a low enough air draft are few these days due to the BAs refusal to properly dredge the lower Bure 🙄

First weekend in Sept I was onboard 'B.A', whilst at Potter, six hours prior to low tide there was 6ft6" airdraft at the bridge! Wow I could have taken her through there and then, frustratingly though that was a Sunday the day were were going home. Your kind offer of a cold one will be taken up by us, I just need to be there at the right time

Re the Ba not dredging the lower Bure properly anymore, I've been banging on about this for years as have many true Broadsmen with full local knowledge, AND just WHY has the 'Bure Hump' been left to develop in the lower Bure?  To keep water levels in the Northern Broads artificially high to save the Ba maintaining the river depth throughout of course, rocket science it is not

Griff

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Lovely programme. I’ve never watched this series before but this one was a real treat on a Sunday evening. 

I have watched this from the start.The banter between the two,the places they go to is always  entertaining. Last night was,as someone  else pointed  out a good reflection of Norfolk, better then the usual often wrong depiction of the broads. 

The funny thing is I don't fish,only cook them.I still find the series enjoyable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I enjoyed it having never watched it before. Did anyone notice the fishing continuity errors. One shot with caught fish boatyard name and location. A later shot as before but added phone number. 😄 Smart work on behalf of the boatyard. Didn't get round to noticing if it was two different boats. Reg numbers were visible

12 hours ago, floydraser said:

Is anyone else finding Bob Mortimer acting like a three year old every time he catches a fish, a bit tiresome? This is the fourth series.

Bob often acts like a three year old in many things. He has such enthusiasm for anything he does. If you watch some of the compilation videos on Youtube, of his time on Would I Lie To You, you would see he's led a varied and surprising life, with times where he accidentally burned down his mother's house,  does his own dentistry, performs as a barber to his mates, brews award winning beers, and many many other things. If you want to laugh until you're sides hurt, I recommend watching up some of these gems. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Bob often acts like a three year old in many things. He has such enthusiasm for anything he does. If you watch some of the compilation videos on Youtube, of his time on Would I Lie To You, you would see he's led a varied and surprising life, with times where he accidentally burned down his mother's house,  does his own dentistry, performs as a barber to his mates, brews award winning beers, and many many other things. If you want to laugh until you're sides hurt, I recommend watching up some of these gems. 

He's a very clever bloke, trained as a lawer I believe. I'm not saying he isn't funny or worthy of his celebrity status, I just think with the fishing thing it's like the same joke over and over; funny the first time. I wonder if he's ever caused the line to snap and the fish swims away with hook and line in it's mouth? It's what I was told may happen when started fishing if you weren't careful.