Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

3 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Afloat again , arrived last night , popped up to Catfield for dinner and slept aboard in the wet shed .

Set off at 10:00 , passed a few hire boats on the Ant , mostly Richardson's and HW boats.

Now moored up at Ranworth , windy and a light drizzle with quite a chop on the waters .

C6B3432E-084D-4016-A1D5-F754AE40096F.jpeg

Any chance of double mooring if me an Ole Marge slip you a fiver?

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Your lucky they didn't put a couple of quid on for the lovely Bramble 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Any chance of double mooring if me an Ole Marge slip you a fiver?

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Your lucky they didn't put a couple of quid on for the lovely Bramble 

Now that’s a good idea , an NBN meet up at Ranworth , rafted out as below E51B94AE-D74B-4763-972E-D8FF9BA7C7D2.jpeg

• Haha 3

20 boats moored , for the evening , whilst we have been here there has also been 8 visiting boats and three day boats so a total of £249 on the first chargeable day .

Since it was stated that the mooring fees are to pay for the wages of the mooring attendants I presume they must be on an extremely good hourly wage!!

354C2E25-D5EE-48FE-9B6C-255FDAED8B86.jpeg

As to Cambridge Gabby did his Homework on how much gets £249 Per Day that's a fair wack that amounts to One Thousand Seven Hundred Forty-Three per week that more than pays for its self that's not with the 13% Toll hike there's something fishy going on with all these extra fees. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

As to Cambridge Gabby did his Homework on how much gets £249 Per Day that's a fair wack that amounts to One Thousand Seven Hundred Forty-Three per week that more than pays for its self that's not with the 13% Toll hike there's something fishy going on with all these extra fees. 

If they’re to contribute a certain doctors leaving present, I’m in! :default_coat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Had a wonderful evening in the Crown at Catfield in the company of the crew of Daisy Chain , Bramble got to see her not so secret crush Oscar, left the wetshed at 08:00 witnessing the Richo's dash as 42 hirer boats rushed to make their 09:00 deadline .

Rivers surprisingly quiet though , now moored up at the idyllic Womack staithe .

• Like 3

Bramble has grown, quite the young lady. You had a photo of her sitting on your lap when a baby to compare. Oscar is every other dog’s best friend. A beautiful gentle giant. Looking forward to seeing them both (plus humans of course) at the meet. 

• Like 2

Well , back home now after a most wonderful sunny weekend afloat.

Met up with Daisy Chain at Womack staithe which was a bonus indeed , at lunch time we walked up to The Kings Arms to meet some friends of ours who had bussed up to meet us from where they were moored up at Potter .

Dined aboard , Katie cooked me salmon steaks with new potatoes and sprouting broccoli, it was delicious .

Sunday morning we set sail for Ranworth to meet up with our friends on Pussycat , arrived at 10:00 and pootled in to the taxi rank , shortly afterwards our friends moored up along side and we spent the day sitting outside in the warm sunshine .

Our evening meal we decided to try the new Granary evening menu , and it was excellent , very tasty well cooked and a well priced wine list to boot .

Retired to bed early as we knew we had an early start 

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Katie had to work on Tuesday so we returned to Cambridge , back afloat yesterday afternoon .

Spent a marvellous sunny day and evening at Gays staithe , Katie made me my favourite , a crab sandwich , which was all I needed as it was filled to the brim with fresh crab from Roy’s .

Awoke early to what seems to be the beginning of another sunny spring day.

We are off to Womack today , and will spend the evening there ,  meaning i can visit the excellent butchers for weekend supplies tomorrow morning .

A4883017-2627-484D-80B6-5331270DE405.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...