Works From 17th January On The Electric Posts At Rockland St Mary

Dear all,

Works will commence on Monday 17 January for approximately three days to install an electric charging pillar at the western end of the Rockland St Mary 24-hour moorings.

The site will remain open, although the slipway run by the Poors Trust will be closed for the duration of the work. There may be occasions during this period when the electric supply from the existing pillar on the Rockland eastern moorings needs to be temporarily turned off to allow the new pillar to be connected. Please follow any signage present.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused whilst these improvement works are taking place.

Best

Tom

Tom Waterfall

Senior Communications Officer

Direct dial 01603 756034

Broads Authority 

Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road, Norwich NR1 1RY

Please note that my normal working hours are 8.00am – 4.45pm Monday to Friday, with alternate Mondays as non-working days.

If I am out of the office I will deal with your email on my return, alternatively please contact another member of the Communications team.

• Like 1

That’s good news! Though I must admit that we haven’t yet moored at Rockland on Moonlight Shadow, though we did as hirers. It’s so close to Brundall that the temptation is to just go back to our home mooring. I think we will moor there in future though. We moored at Bramerton for the last night of our November break and being on an ‘away’ mooring instead of going back to Brooms for our final night did feel like we were prolonging the holiday. 

10 hours ago, YnysMon said:

That’s good news! Though I must admit that we haven’t yet moored at Rockland on Moonlight Shadow

It's one of our favourite spots and the walks are great as you can head off towards the dyke and main river or turn right on the road and head into the village where there is a well stocked shop with post office counter.

As for the New Inn across the road, we have always found it extremely welcoming with great food 

So more electric posts is a great addition to the mooring as the Eastern side would fill up quickly at peak times 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tempest said:

It's one of our favourite spots and the walks are great as you can head off towards the dyke and main river or turn right on the road and head into the village where there is a well stocked shop with post office counter.

As for the New Inn across the road, we have always found it extremely welcoming with great food 

So more electric posts is a great addition to the mooring as the Eastern side would fill up quickly at peak times 

I do not think that they are fitting additional posts, the way I read it they are replacing the current post.

11 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I do not think that they are fitting additional posts, the way I read it they are replacing the current post.

I read it, that they are fitting additional posts

I suppose, time will tell

I too read it as an additional pillar. Looking at the map the current one is definitely located south. Also the communication does say ‘install an electric charging pillar’. Surely if they were just working on the existing one it would be worded differently?

Cross fingers it is an extra one!

18 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I too read it as an additional pillar. Looking at the map the current one is definitely located south. Also the communication does say ‘install an electric charging pillar’. Surely if they were just working on the existing one it would be worded differently?

Cross fingers it is an extra one!

An electric pillar on the other mooring area would come in handy.

• Like 1