And So It Starts,i Get Intimate With The Boat.

The only way to complete the todo list, is sell the boat or change it for another one but that way just resets the todo list.

When we sold our boat I thought now I can relax, but someone thought it was time to catch up on jobs at home.

That is an even bigger list!

paul

• Like 3

Talking of which.

I mentioned earlier that the boat came with a motor.

fresh fuel,new impeller,,brumm brumm.

changed the gear oil as well.

although it had been in a garage for years ,there is just some light corrosion to the paint.

under the cowl it’s like new.

even got the original handbooks:default_biggrin:

AEA0A800-1CE1-41CF-B82D-4EB7B0A745E8.jpeg

37244CBC-4DE5-43BF-8878-32B9522C2666.jpeg

E2DB0DBF-5D11-4589-8AD5-59605562FBC8.jpeg

38566BC0-B482-4475-B971-01A950D6A0FB.jpeg

CB1EBCA7-68E9-48AF-9EB8-F1FF90645AA9.jpeg

• Like 1

Is it short or long shaft? I had a yammy 8hp longshaft that I wanted to use with a dinghy and managed to convert to short shaft, I had to cut and re-weld the vertical drive shaft and cut the gear rod and water pickup but the main housing had a bolt in extension that could be easily removed.

As yours came together I assume it's right as it is but worth mentioning, I recon 1:100 is a bit lacking in oil as mine had a nip up at full throttle so ran it nearer 1:75-1:50, most older outboards ran at 1:50.

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Is it short or long shaft? I had a yammy 8hp longshaft that I wanted to use with a dinghy and managed to convert to short shaft, I had to cut and re-weld the vertical drive shaft and cut the gear rod and water pickup but the main housing had a bolt in extension that could be easily removed.

As yours came together I assume it's right as it is but worth mentioning, I recon 1:100 is a bit lacking in oil as mine had a nip up at full throttle so ran it nearer 1:75-1:50, most older outboards ran at 1:50.

It’s short shaft I believe,

having measured it it’s about 20mm longer than the average Ss:default_huh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/09/2022 at 18:23, mikeyboy1966 said:

does it need clear varnish over the top or will the enamel be tough  enough once it’s cured?

I wouldn't have thought so (Not that I'm knowledgeable), just neve seen varnish over paint. Although it should say on the tin :) Also just check that enamel is ok on GRP as I'd be a tad worried it's a bit brittle for GRP and sadly may crack but have a good read.. Looks a good job though!

• 1 month later...