Broads Bank Moorings

YnysMon

3 hours ago, floydraser said:

When I worked in an office with a bunch of 30 somethings before the pandemic, one of them would pay for lunch to be delivered via Just Eat, then the others would ask, "How much shall I Monzo yer?".

Covent Garden street performers and market traders take card payments.

A young mum who works with Mrs Raser says kiddies ride machines now take card payments.

I've seen young type people waving their phones at things to make payments. I have a job to use mine to call someone.

But this is the Broads and thankfully, includes parts of the back of beyond. This is why Her Majesty invented waterproof money, just in case you fall overboard when asked for money. 

How much for mooring? Splash!

How much for a pint of milk at Roys? Splash!

:default_hiding:

That explains the saying Splashing out the cash then!

:default_gbxhmm:

7 hours ago, floydraser said:

But this is the Broads and thankfully, includes parts of the back of beyond. This is why Her Majesty invented waterproof money, just in case you fall overboard when asked for money. 

How much for mooring? Splash!

How much for a pint of milk at Roys? Splash!

so thats where the phrase splash the cash came from, i always wondered

The new notes were great during the early covid days as you could wash all your change including the notes, down side is they are self propelling from pockets when folded (like they are when in chandleries), we found a £20 note on the floor at work and watched the cameras back to see who dropped it, it was odd to see someone walk past and it just launched itself out of his pocket like it was possesed.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

The new notes were great during the early covid days as you could wash all your change including the notes, down side is they are self propelling from pockets when folded (like they are when in chandleries), we found a £20 note on the floor at work and watched the cameras back to see who dropped it, it was odd to see someone walk past and it just launched itself out of his pocket like it was possesed.

Would never happen in Yorkshire, I hear the trousers come from Burtons and the pockets are made by Chubb .

• Haha 5

59 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Would never happen in Yorkshire, I hear the trousers come from Burtons and the pockets are made by Chubb .

Burtons and John Colliers in Yorkshire, used to have the choice of trouser pockets in their bespoke suits.

Long and extra long (i.e Knee or ankle length)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Yorkshiremen are not tight, they are just careful with their pennies.:default_smile:

Yep, pennies.  I watched a Yorkshireman get a fiver out of his pocket once and I’m sure the queen started to squint!! 😉😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Yorkshiremen are not tight, they are just careful with their pennies.:default_smile:

Thought they still looked after the farthings, so long since most of them dipped in their pockets :default_biggrin::default_rolleyes:

• Haha 2