Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show 2022 And A Competition!

JanetAnne

Just a quick reminder of where and when you can come and see this years participants.

Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show

10th - 14th August 2022

Tuesday 9th overnight: Salhouse pre event Get Together. Salhouse moorings are not pre bookable but I believe some of you are going to get there early and grab some space!

Wednesday 10th Cruise from Salhouse to Stracey Arms followed by evening bbq on the Stracey Arms quayhead. It will be the same format as last year with burger, chips, salad and a cold drink followed by cake. Dawn has asked for numbers so if you can text, email, phone, shout etc as soon as you read this then we can get everything in place. £12.50 per head

Thursday 11th Early start from Stracey for a cruise together through Gt Yarmouth, across Breydon and all the way to Oulton Broad. Just how early is open to speculation so I think we will have a chat on the day and decide. Slack water is approx 04.41 though there is a bit of variation according to who's prediction you use' Last years pontoon mooring arrangement at Oulton Broad Yacht Station worked out really well so we have arranged the same for this year.

Thursday 11th Mid afternoon. Gathering at Seans. Sadly the people supplying the 70's buffet have pulled out and so, with time so short, we are going for tea and cakes. Bring your mugs for the tea! As usual we are looking for a couple of volunteer boats as 'water taxi's' (Lovejoy?). There is powerboat racing on the Thursday evening to look forward to as well.

Friday 12th Our spectacular Cruise from Oulton Broad to Beccles. A provisional start of 11.00 but we may bump this back or forward a bit should the weather dictate.

Friday 12th evening. “Back by popular demand finally (after two years of covid getting in the way) we have the bring and share meal”. I set myself up for this one didnt I. As many of you will know, Maxine organises the bring and share meal for us. Sadly, this year Maxine is not going to be there (something about missing engines and oars being too short) to bring it all together for us. Mitzi suggested I do a list of foods and get you all to volunteer to bring something off the list but work just isnt letting me find the time (I'm typing this in a hotel room in Bradford!). Its been one of those years... Instead I think we will do wine and cheese. If you can all bring your favourite tipple, glasses, plates etc I will sort the rest.

Saturday 13th Show Day... yay!!

Yes we are back to a proper unrestricted show day this year, its going to be fabulous. We will, of course, have our usual fun competitions going on throughout the day.

Sunday 14th Tims boat jumble.

A chance to clear out all that tat you have been hoarding to make space for all the tat you are going to buy to fill your newly acquired space.... Yup, we all do it!

Entry List Confirmed -  and subject to change!

Broad Ambition

Admiral Jack

Water Rail

Honesty

Chloe Jane

Silver Lady

Ruby

Papaver

Lovejoy

Missouri Star

Tabitha Rose

Broadland Grebe

Star Glory

Judith M

Lady Helena

Seraphina

Kingfisher

Bollysnigh

Chameleon

Silver Emblem 2

Hilda

Queen of Light

Moorhen

Merlin

Raisena

Buccaroo

Phoenix

Brookwind (only on the northern bit sadly)

Malvern Light

You are welcome to come along and have a look round, meet the owners, scrounge a cuppa etc etc. Dont forget to introduce yourselves, there will be many forum members there.

Competition: We are looking for piccys of the event itself or the boats travelling on any part of the event. The winner will see their picture on the front cover of next years event programme and be invited aboard one of the boats to take part in the cruise from Stracey to Oulton Broad or the Oulton Broad to Beccles leg of the 2023 event. Post your entries on this thread...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks very much to you all for being so welcoming yesterday. What a lovely relaxing sociable event. I especially liked seeing all the many different interior configurations, brilliant use of available space. 
Especial thanks from me to Helen and Grahame for sharing their day with me so generously and offering the lift home and then to Annie and Andy from Eastwood Whelpton for being the eventual lift home, after we’d ascertained they were going virtually straight past Acle Bridge. Most appreciated. 
And to Dave who I’m presuming organised it, thanks for the BMC info and yes, it’s there!
Enjoy the rest of the meet. 

• Like 3

Plenty of yougsters up on the bypass bridge I see, We were at beccles for the last really hot spell and the jumpers were pretty constant, could still hear a little motorised pushbike buzzing around at 2.00am.

Good to see you all had a good weekend though.

16 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Great photos and lovely to see Merlin (E264). My late father hired it solo in 2009. He loved his Broads boating and the boat has happy associations.

I thought that was Merlin Simon, My mother and father use to hire her aswell. We still have my dad's cine film (now on dvd) of their holidays afloat. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Plenty of yougsters up on the bypass bridge I see, We were at beccles for the last really hot spell and the jumpers were pretty constant, could still hear a little motorised pushbike buzzing around at 2.00am.

Good to see you all had a good weekend though.

I gave them a quick warning toot as I passed under the bridge to appraise them of my presence on the way down today