Paradise ?

Aboattime

For the record, Thurne Bungalows Management Company, leaseholders of the quiet moorings at Potter, has formally offered to lease the BA both sets of moorings and at a peppercorn rent.  However, the quay headings need total replacement, probably in steel piling, and the plots need to be raised to a safer height.  This is a hugely expensive exercise. Such major costs could not be entertained by TBMC's shareholding leaseholders.  The BA probably thought along similar lines.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, expilot said:

For the record, Thurne Bungalows Management Company, leaseholders of the quiet moorings at Potter, has formally offered to lease the BA both sets of moorings and at a peppercorn rent.  However, the quay headings need total replacement, probably in steel piling, and the plots need to be raised to a safer height.  This is a hugely expensive exercise. Such major costs could not be entertained by TBMC's shareholding leaseholders.  The BA probably thought along similar lines.

I guess it may come down to how long the lease is for.

34 minutes ago, expilot said:

Why can’t the BA put some floating pontoons about 2 feet away from the old keyheading ? 

Then if lease is ever revoked they can move them off the quiet moorings simple 

• Like 2

Actually with a massive thread de railment 

Chedgrave Common.

As close to perfect as you can get.

Never moored here before as Pyes Mill has always been a favourite.

Reports of the footpath being closed again (incorrect) put me off as new young dog needs more than a 5 minute walk and Pyes Mill will have a lot of visitors on a fine Sunday afternoon .

Moored up here this afternoon and walked towards Hardly Cross but there is a bridge down so shorter walk. Walked into the village and visited The White Horse.

Fine way to spend Sunday afternoon.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, FlyingFortress said:

Chedgrave Common.

As close to perfect as you can get.

its where i moor when i head for Lodden, the path to hardly cross is closed, but the path the other direction takes you to the village (you can use a permissive path that cuts across the back of the boatyards.

1 minute ago, grendel said:

its where i moor when i head for Lodden, the path to hardly cross is closed, but the path the other direction takes you to the village (you can use a permissive path that cuts across the back of the boatyards.

Pyes Mill has always been a favourite as I said earlier.

But there does seem to be increasing problems with unruly locals in all fairness I have only encountered it once at Pyes. It does seem more prevalent on the Staithe itself but as a dog owner I have rarely moored there.

The permissive path is what I used today but there is also a path across Chedgrave Common which although signposted as dogs on leads due to grazing pony's I did see many dogs off leads walking that way so maybe no pony's.

Will investigate tomorrow.

With dog on lead I must add 

• Like 1