News On Pozzick and Seren

YnysMon

2 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi as this week has flown by quick is Pozzic getting on going into his Cage at night time . Is pozzic doing all right slowly with weight? Hows is his Coat coming along nice and shiny is he ready for his winter Coat soon. Just for interest when will you all be going away on the Broads 

Pozzick is still not going into his crate at night, even though the last few nights his bed has been in the create. He’s also being fed his meals in the create now, with the door open naturally, so hopefully that might help. 

Other than that he’s getting on pretty well. Because he can open doors we allow him into the dining room when we have our dinner and he already knows that he just needs to settle down and allow us to eat our meal in peace. I guess it helps that we never feed our dogs titbits from the table.

Graham has taken both dogs for walks by himself several times.

Both are happy in close proximity to each other and Seren only barks if she thinks we are telling Pozzick off. As he’s being such a good boy, that’s less often now.

He’s also fine off the lead in our garden, even though we only have a relatively low temporary fence.

What we haven’t done is left the two dogs alone in the house, so we don’t yet know whether he would scratch the doors down. We feel he needs to feel very secure before we try that. 

• Like 2

How can you bear to watch that?

My friend's Alaskan Malamut goes out every evening for a good howl to the moon,so although it sounds pitiful, some of their howling is just 'what they do'. But Pozzick sounded very forlorn.

Keep up the good work Helen and Graham. 

• Thanks 1

Sounds like you are going to have to come up with a routine if leaving him alone in the house so he knows the signs and knows you will be back, for us it's always been a fuss and a treat when going out, when we first got Tina I got one of the cheapy wifi cameras with pan/tilt/zoom so I could see what she was up to on my phone from work, and once had to nip home to stop her eating my glasses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It took quite a while getting Desmond used to being left alone and building it up slowly. He’d been with a pack of about 12 other dogs for 3 years then suddenly on his own. The pitiful howling was awful. I was convinced he was doing it the whole time. One day I set up the ipad to record while i went out for an hour. Came back and reviewed the footage and saw that he had paced and whined for about 10 mins before going to sleep.  He always gets a chew when we leave and a bonio when we get back so he associates both coming and going with something nice. We try not to fuss him too much when we first get in.  He always brings us a gift of a slipper which is promptly discarded as soon as the bonio box appears.  The other thing is we always leave the radio on for him. He seems to like Classic Fm

• Like 4

4 hours ago, YnysMon said:
5 hours ago, Lulu said:

Obviously a dog with taste.

I wonder if he gets as annoyed at the adverts as I do

Totally agree, why are they so much louder than the music?

Finlay’s brother Charlie always has classic fm too.

And agree about leaving/coming back. No fuss, left with a treat and no ‘goodbye’, return with no fuss or ‘hello’ (for a minute or two anyway), then some fuss/treat once settled back down. 

• Like 2

Oops! We shall have to be more vigilant. We had covered the remains of a roast chicken with foil yesterday evening and left it on a worktop to cool down. Pozzick nicked the chicken whilst Graham was putting our bins out this morning. Luckily Graham managed to retreive it before he ate any of the bones. Whew!

Pozzic has got a nose for trouble getting the remains of your Cooked chicken from your work top naughty boy. I like the photo of him being taken where his night cage is but with No success of him going I think he's been mistreated by this Callous owner as to him not going into the Gage.  

Pozzick has started going into his cage. He hasn’t slept in the cage all night but the last couple of nights he has spent short periods of time in there, up to half an hour. We’ve been following Kate’s advice and giving him his meals inside the cage. 

• Like 1

• YnysMon changed the title to News On Pozzick (and Seren)
56 minutes ago, KatieR said:

Pozzie is keeping his powder dry there…I think he is studying the form and loving how good Seren is, but planning his attempt at the title :default_smiley-angelic002:

Pozzie and I will start beginners agility classes sometime. We just can’t afford it this month! :default_sad: Taking on a new dog is an expense in itself.

Both human and dog need training. If you watched the video you’ll have spotted that Seren knew which way to go from Graham’s gestures. If the dog goes the wrong way, it’s always the fault of the human. Seren and Graham have been going to classes for a while so have advanced from beginners to more intermediate level. 

• Like 2