News On Pozzick and Seren

YnysMon

Today is the first time Graham and I both left the house and didn’t take the dogs with us in the car (we went for our Covid boosters). Harry was at home though and reported that our doggies were fine. No whining thankfully.

This evening I’d done a spatchcocked chicken (you remove the backbone and flatten it out). After Graham had cleared up after our meal the dogs got a few tidbits. They took turns nicely too.

:default_trophy:

• Like 9

• YnysMon changed the title to News On Pozzick and Seren

It seems to me Helen that you’ve cracked the hard bit with Pozzick. The settling, the introduction to another dog etc. He’s now like any other dog just ‘learning the ropes’ of how his life ticks at home. 
Well done both of you for being brave enough to take a leap into the unknown with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Not Pozzick or Seren related, but neither of us have (so far) had any reaction to the Covid booster. That’s a plus! We had the Pfizer vaccine. 

Snap,  always had the Pfizer vaccine and never, thank goodness , had any reaction.   Not even a lump on the arm,  did wonder if I had dreamt having it done at one time, except I went with hubby whose arm was just tender for a day.

Just now, Smoggy said:

It would be worth leaving a phone on voice recorder while you're all out of the house for at least an hour to check for whining or howling, while someone is still there they will feel more settled even in a different room.

Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

Seren is getting way too excited play fighting with Pozzick.  Tried calming her down so peace reigns again, but should I just let them get on with it? He seems to be taking it all in his stride. 

Let them play, should one of them have enough then there will be a warning bark or snap to tell the other one to back off.

• Thanks 1

I agree. Any snap will be done by one of them as a warning of ‘I’ve had enough of this mate’. They should read the conversation and if they don’t the first time, will soon get the message the next time. 
Don’t be thinking that a snap is due to an aggressive personality. 
It’s exciting for Seren to have a playmate and she’s just being the annoying sister!!!

When Charlie gets excited playing, he gets so hyped up he starts ‘humping’ everybody. That’s when we stop the play. 

• Thanks 1

This morning when Graham brought me up a mug of tea the dogs came up to say good morning too (our morning ritual). Seren kept pawing Pozzick's backside until he turned and chased her downstairs. They are starting to have a really good time together. Seren is certainly reliving her puppyhood!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

They are starting to have a really good time together. Seren is certainly reliving her puppyhood!

This is where I’m feeling guilty as we have the chance to get another whippet next spring who used to be bestest buddies with Desmond but I’m dithering because of space on the boat. At home it would be ok.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lulu said:

This is where I’m feeling guilty as we have the chance to get another whippet next spring who used to be bestest buddies with Desmond but I’m dithering because of space on the boat. At home it would be ok.  

I've been wondering how we'll get on with both of them on Moonlight Shadow. I'm comforted by the thought that if Warren (Tempest) and his wife can cope on board with two Newfies, then we should be okay with Seren and Pozzick. I'm expecting that she'll be at her usual outlook point by the windscreen and he'll just chill somewhere, probably on the sofa next to Graham. 

• Like 3

Dont be surprised if one goes to the back door and starts barking then when the second dog goes to see what all the fuss is about the first dog doubles back and nabs the seat!

That is what one of my sisters two used to do in my house and the dog being mugged always fell for it! Caused us to laugh out loud at their antics. :default_rofl:

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

I have heard that when one dog hangs its neck over another dog neck or back it is a sign of superioity/ dominace and should be stopped. Does anybody know if this is true?

I think so. Charlie does it but more because he’s unsure how to introduce himself. But it’s not usually taken kindly by the other dog.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Go for it Sam!!!! They’ll fit somewhere even if you get turfed out of bed yourself. 

I know that feeling!!  I usually end up in our spare bedroom when we look after our son’s stupid dog when they go on holiday! :default_icon_e_confused:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Marge and Parge ,  I have sent you a pm.

13 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

Will you have to send Graham to agility classes as we have noticed when on Moonlight Shadow Seren is on a blanket in the wind screen , lifting Pozzick  up there will require Super Man :default_biggrin:

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge