News On Pozzick and Seren

YnysMon

1 hour ago, Andrewcook said:

Smoggy my friend as most of us have got dogs there should be a story on Doggy Tails post  either at Home or on the Norfolk Broads 

That’s a good idea!

I had been hoping to post a few more photos and a video from yesterday. Sons Harry and Alec took the dogs out, but Harry went off to work today without sharing them with me.

:default_wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

We spent the last few days in Anglesey, checking up on how Graham's dad is doing. We spent most of the weekend cleaning his house. Unfortunately, Age Cymru (Welsh version of Age Concern) hadn't told us his cleaner had resigned a few months back.

Anyway, between our cleaning efforts, we did manage to take the dogs to the beach for exercise. We chose Porthdafarch beach, which was my dad's favourite.

Some photos from Saturday.

IMG_20221105_135006007.jpg

IMG_20221105_135003572.jpg

IMG_20221105_135000762.jpg

IMG_20221105_134954636.jpg

IMG_20221105_134951345.jpg

IMG_20221105_134948520.jpg

IMG_20221105_134907502_HDR.jpg

• Like 10

One thing I should have mentioned with the videos of the dogs running with son Alec. For the first few weeks, Pozzick really couldn't keep up with Seren. Being undernourished had really taken a toll on him.  His back legs seemed quite weak.

Anyway, the last week or so he has been gaining in energy and fitness. He can now catch Seren up, but even so, she's more nippy than he is and can change direction more quickly. 

• Like 2

Another thing we’ve noticed. Until recently Pozzick’s nose was very dry. It’s become a lot more moist recently. Like a dog’s nose is supposed to be. We think it’s to do with having been undernourished for quite some time. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s the doggy Christmas party soon, (for agility classes) with Pozzick’s being invited too. Doggy’s are encouraged to ‘dress-up’ for the event, so Graham has come up with a cunning plan…a Little Red Riding Hood theme. I haven’t seen anything of Seren’s costume yet, but the grandma outfit for Pozzick seems to be taking shape.

:default_rofl:
If it all works out, there will be photos! 

• Like 4

Graham spent this morning wandering around Bletchley (now part of Milton Keynes), mainly because the car had an appointment with a guy that was fixing a tow bar. As I have mentioned previously, there’s no way we’ll fit both doggies and all our stuff into the car and roof box, so we need a trailer. 

Bletchley has one of those high streets that now has a lot of charity shops, so a good place for Graham to hunt for a suitable ‘granny look’ garment for Pozzick’s Christmas party outfit (as described above). It also has a good, reasonably priced fabric shop too, a source for red fabric. I am yet to find out what Graham plans to make with that…maybe a Red Riding Hood cape for Seren?

When I worked in Bletchley railway station in the mid 1980’s it had a really good high street. A handy Co-op department store and a good range of shops. There was a brilliant bakery that I found far too tempting during work breaks when on a double shift. Shame that a lot of our smaller towns have suffered. 

• Like 3

This will be very interesting to see how this turns out for Pozzic & Serene as we will be entering the the Pantomime season very soon. As to having a Small trallier Tow Bar fitted to carry all you basic essentials as that Pozzic & Serene can Travel at the Back seat of the car in comfort.but don't include the kitchen sink in the Trailer..

• Like 3

That sounds like fun, Helen. The place I sometimes go gundog training has a Christmas party with all sorts of fun activities and competitions for the dogs. No dressing up though I’m relieved to say!

I also went one year when the class fell on Remembrance Sunday. I couldn’t believe that we could all stand in a line, about 12 of us, for 2 minutes with all dogs a couple of yards in front of us, facing us and manage 2 minutes with no movement at all. It was very poignant. 

I look forward to the photos. 

• Like 2