News On Pozzick and Seren

YnysMon

Is it what they call character building :default_biggrin:

We had an old Lab for 16 years and you never had a peep out of him in the car for hours, get about mile from home in any of three directions and up he would get and start getting exited. 

I hope your family have grown out of saying are we there yet now the dogs have taken over.

Well done Seren and Pozzick are two lucky dogs. They have a loving family and each other. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

I hope your family have grown out of saying are we there yet now the dogs have taken over.

Errr…no. My youngest (29, going on 30) is very fond of saying ‘are we there yet’ whenever we start off on a longish journey, such as when we set off for the boat. Our fault, having ribbed him so much for saying it when he was younger. 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

A few years back I had a couple of racing greyhounds. The stadium we used most frequently was about an hour and a half away. Both dogs would be sound asleep on the back seat until about 5 mins before arrival at which point both would stand up and put their heads on the driver's shoulders tails wagging and quietly whining.

Carole

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LOL. Whilst preparing doggies dinner this evening Graham commented on how many pouches we'd need to take with us next week for our fortnight on Moonlight Shadow (they each have half a pouch with their dried food each meal), so he'd calculated we'd need 28 plus some extra in case we come across any other strays.

Noooo!

Very happy with our current quota of dogs thank you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Helen and Graham, I hope you got your Trailer all fixed up with Car as to put in all you bits in it excluding your Kitchen sink of course so Pozzic and Seren can ride inside the Car in comfort while traveling up to the Broads as the weather has Change a bit that might be some comfort to you all .

• Like 1

Thanks Andrew. We have yet to see how the trailer works out. Following a conversation with the rest of the Moonlight Shadow management team, this morning I bought a replacement TV for the boat that we somehow need to fit into the trailer with all our other odds and ends and proverbial kitchen sink. Hope it fits!

• 1 month later...

Harry and I are thinking we should have called Pozzick ‘Treebeard’ (you have to be familiar with The Lord of the Rings films to know why). When it’s mealtimes or time to go out for a walk he vocalises in quite a high register like a big baby. When he’s relaxed he goes into deep grunty Treebeard mode.

He’s also perfected the doggy version of a Michael Jackson type moonwalk. Comes bounding up when snacks are offered, sits and then proceeds to stamp so much with his front legs (in excitement) that he moves backwards.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

• 4 weeks later...

Graham hasn’t been to any competitions with Seren, and I don’t think he has any plans to. Seren loves the classes, that’s the main thing. I would like to take Pozzick to classes some time, but it’s quite expensive to pay for two lots of classes, so that will have to wait for a while. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Feeding time. Personally, I'm not sure that Graham's tactic for trying to get Pozzick to quieten is working. Pozzick ..our big baby. 😊

He’s a chatterbox isn’t he? ❤️❤️

I think there are three options

1. Put up with it

2. get earplugs

3. Prep his food when he’s not around 

4 And the only one that’ll solve it. Take ages preparing his food due to taking him to another room each and every time he starts. When he’s quiet, let him in again and carry on. Put him out again a few seconds later when he starts again!! It’d work  eventually but Graham might spend the whole day prepping his food till he gets the message. 
He’s quite calm, just talking. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

My Dog Benji has got a Clock in his Head

Mine too Andrew. 6pm is his moment. Wierd ‘cos I don’t necessarily feed him then. He just thinks that’s tea time. Perhaps it’s ‘cos if I’m at home, I often watch Pointless’ which finishes at 6pm and I get up to go in the kitchen to start cooking the tea. 
Finlay clears his bowl and then brings it to me for washing up. 

• Haha 1