Good Winter Or Bad On The Broads?

Andrewcook

What sort of Winter will we have in Norfolk as to 2021/22  was not too bad It is noticeable that the seasonal Temperature has risen slightly which would mean not so Cold during the day time but the Temperature dips at nightfall as anyone out in Winter Cruising 2022/23 I would stay in bed Brrrr.

I read that flooding is likely in February.. although looking forward that far is based on statistical probabilities given global conditions now. 

My guess is that over winter there will be some cold wet days, some mild wet days, some clear nights resulting in frosts and no white Christmas. 

I'd love to do more winter cruising but my crew, both human and canine don't like cold and/or wet 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewcook said:

What sort of Winter will we have in Norfolk as to 2021/22  was not too bad It is noticeable that the seasonal Temperature has risen slightly which would mean not so Cold during the day time but the Temperature dips at nightfall as anyone out in Winter Cruising 2022/23 I would stay in bed Brrrr.

Who knows?  I forecast a windy day on Boxing Day - but that won’t be due to meteorological conditions, more attributable to brussell  sprouts and stuffing.  Other than that, it the UK, where we can confidently say it will generally be colder, but almost anything is possible.

• Like 3

We’ve happened to have several years’ winter allocations on Moonlight Shadow in early February and have experienced high river levels every time…but also very low levels just before or after, or in between. Last February when we arrived we had to get onto the boat via the roof (the fixed bit, not the canopy!) as the water level was so low. By the end of the week some parts of the Marina were flooding. 

• Like 1