Peace

NorfolkNog

17 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Yep, clear up to Swancraft Malcolm, although the side dykes look frozen. 

Still frozen at the head of the yard but OK on the visitor mooring. Water pipe thawed out too. :default_biggrin:

Sounds like Keleka is frozen in still!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

To be honest it was much better then I expected. We were made welcome and the beer quality was very good. The decor is modern but reminded me very much of the Lion and White Horse which are both excellent pubs. Good selection of gins for Mrs Nog and the solid fuel stoves gave a cosy feel. I will certainly be back. 

Must say it does look good on your pictures. Must give it a go especially if they are doing Humpty Dumpty 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, floydraser said:

Thanks for that, but I'll probably fall over the first time I go in, as I try not to trip on the step which I hope is no longer there?? :facepalm:

There are no steps to trip you up now so Ian could ride in with his scooter if he wished so. My only gripe is the loud music coming from muliple speakers making life difficult to hear those with a soft voice. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

My only gripe is the loud music coming from muliple speakers making life difficult to hear those with a soft voice. 

Did you ask if they would turn it down a bit? Was in a pub over in Kent recently catching up with some friends. I say a pub, the Kitchen is run by a Thai couple and it is renowned for its Thai food, so whilst still a pub, people mainly go there to eat, so more a restaurant really. One of our group who has a hearing aid was struggling with how load the music was, so he asked them if they would turn it down a bit, which they said was no problem. Within minutes all the tables around us were thanking him for asking as they had been struggling to talk over the music as well. So always worth asking.

• Like 6

Often when working in a pub like the WH the bar staff are serving drinks, dealing with food orders, adding logs to the stove etc etc quite possible they don't think about the music and a polite request is rarely refused in my experience. I wouldn't condem a pub over something like that, I've been in one or two pubs in my time 😋 and I thought the White Heron scored well, I've been in many worse pubs! And to cap it all the Humpty Dumpty was excellent 😀🍺

• Like 4

On 17/12/2022 at 17:41, Ray said:

I did but it's started growing back.. I used non toxic boat shampoo and elbow grease, it looked lovely - for about 2 weeks 😂

Must have been the elbow grease that promoted fresh growth!! :default_icon_e_biggrin:  Try it again but don’t use so much!! :default_eusa_dance:

• Haha 1