Peace

NorfolkNog

4 hours ago, LizG said:

As we drove through the village, I looked for you but all I could see were private boats!  It was just before 9 so suspect you had already moved on.

We keep missing you by a whisker! We will catch up soon. Cruising time is precious to us so we do tend to set off early! Yes they were all private boats huddled round the electric. We were at the far end. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Meantime said:

If you make it to Oulton Broad Howard, I can recommend the Tinsel Toes in The Wherry. Thin ice starting to form here now though.

Thanks for the heads up :default_beerchug:

Aiming to travel South on Thursday with OBYS the first stop. Mrs Nog reckons the weather will improve slightly but we are not taking any risks at all with ice so always have a plan B. 

1 hour ago, garryn said:

Forget that last comment  they told me they were closing sometime for a new kitchen but not at this moment.

No sign of life on Sunday. It would help if pub hours were a bit more predicable but as we are finding to our cost this is not the case. Kings Head in Hoveton closed early tonight too. :default_crying1animated:

2 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

Norfolk Nogs

If you need the Bridge Pilot he's nipped out for a coffee and will be back in April. :default_biggrin:

Enjoy the rest of your cruise :default_beerchug: kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Ha ha! :default_rofl:

Still frozen. Tried to persuade nice lady from Faircraft Loynes to get their tug out and break the ice but to no avail. In hindsight should have moored at Hotel Wroxham as main river is clear. Might have to repair to the Kings Head :default_beerchug:

Hoping temperature will be up a bit by the time we get to Oulton Broad. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Ha ha! :default_rofl:

Still frozen. Tried to persuade nice lady from Faircraft Loynes to get their tug out and break the ice but to no avail. In hindsight should have moored at Hotel Wroxham as main river is clear. Might have to repair to the Kings Head :default_beerchug:

Hoping temperature will be up a bit by the time we get to Oulton Broad. 

Last time we were in the hotel bar we had a  good evening. Half were locals a third were guests and us

Plenty of yarning going on and the beer worked alongside the gin,  as the bellies got bigger so did the stories. 

All the time a pound coin glinted in the palm of a hand the bar stayed open. 

It wasn't that long ago but obviously we couldn't guarantee tonight. 

Have a great holiday 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MargeandParge said:

All the time a pound coin glinted in the palm of a hand the bar stayed open.

Unfortunately closing early seems to be the name of the game these days :default_crying1animated:

Thanks but escaped Faircraft Loynes at lunchtime and didn't want to get frozen in tonight so we re located to Horning as the tidal flow should stop any freezing (hopefully) 

• Like 5

Hi Liz went to Cromer yesterday but yes, no trains today. Back in Horning and amazingly the Ferry is open and even more amazingly its got 3 Blind Mice Juice Rocket on, good form too. Just waiting for the inevitable announcement that they are closing early. Then back to the dreaded Gloombar :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Hi Liz went to Cromer yesterday but yes, no trains today. Back in Horning and amazingly the Ferry is open and even more amazingly its got 3 Blind Mice Juice Rocket on, good form too. Just waiting for the inevitable announcement that they are closing early. Then back to the dreaded Gloombar :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

It was the absence of photos made me think you didn't make it!!!

Tell Mrs Nog that Gin Mare in the New Inn is quite agreeable, I had it with full fat original Fever Tree. It was a brand new bottle so she might be the 2nd person to try it. It comes from Spain and I had some Formentera in April

The Ferry does have a good variety of beers.....

• Like 1

Thanks Jean :default_icon_luvlove:

Just switched the heating on now. It's been firing up all week without the need to run the engine so very pleased. Also Mrs Nog has very warm feet. 

Number one priority today is to avoid icey areas so pretty much main river today. Hope to go through Yarmouth tomorrow weather permitting of course :default_stinky:

• Like 4

Morning - just catching up with your posts Howard.   Gosh you are both brave.    Never known it so cold as this.    Glad you are now out and about and not frozen in.    You are much better off where the tide flow is greater.     Your photos are magic and capture winter on the Broads just perfectly.        It is a shame we have lost The Wherry Web Cam otherwise we could have seen you at OB.    

• Like 3

Agree with Lady M, the pics are lovely and so enjoying your holiday tale as usual.

I've always loved the trip across Breydon, enjoy your crossing. Watch out for the dragons and sea monsters, although I am quite sure Mrs N can deal with them :default_biggrin:

Stay warm and safe x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

.... BTW the ice is on the inside 

Might scrape it off for Mrs Nog's gin :default_drink_2:

Was just going to reply when my desk top decided to restart and download 3 huge updates.  What do they say patience is a virtue,  think that one passed me by somehow.

Do you remember being a kid and waking up to ice on the inside of the windows.  I can,   I used to grab my clothes and get dressed in the bed it was that cold,  even the glass of water on my bedside cabinet used to freeze.       The frost used to have such pretty patterns.   Jack Frost.

• Like 2