Peace

NorfolkNog

29 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Not sure but We recon they will make sure you have water and other essentials at The Surlingham Ferry. It would be next stop for me and Marge. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Swancraft and The White Heron, maybe?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

My spies tell me Hobros Dyke has been frozen.

The ice was around 1" thick today and the White Heron serves Southwold, Ghost Ship and Wherry(maybe more) but some taps are in the other bar so best to ask. Lots of diferent gin for Mrs NN but I fear the place wont be to your liking.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Yep, clear up to Swancraft Malcolm, although the side dykes look frozen. 

Still frozen at the head of the yard but OK on the visitor mooring. Water pipe thawed out too. :default_biggrin:

Norfolk Lady is in the shed having some work done, so no great hurry for me, but good news for you, especially so you can try The White Heron.  Haven’t been in there yet, but will do soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Broads01 said:

The White Heron looks nice, very inviting.

To be honest it was much better then I expected. We were made welcome and the beer quality was very good. The decor is modern but reminded me very much of the Lion and White Horse which are both excellent pubs. Good selection of gins for Mrs Nog and the solid fuel stoves gave a cosy feel. I will certainly be back. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

To be honest it was much better then I expected. We were made welcome and the beer quality was very good. The decor is modern but reminded me very much of the Lion and White Horse which are both excellent pubs. Good selection of gins for Mrs Nog and the solid fuel stoves gave a cosy feel. I will certainly be back. 

Thanks for that, but I'll probably fall over the first time I go in, as I try not to trip on the step which I hope is no longer there?? :facepalm:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, floydraser said:

Thanks for that, but I'll probably fall over the first time I go in, as I try not to trip on the step which I hope is no longer there?? :facepalm:

Funny thing is I usually tripped over it going in but can't remember ever tripping going out, even though by then I wouldn't have been quite as steady on my feet. :default_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3