Stolen Boat From Loddon

jezhickling

No matter how long I'm out or how much access I have to a charger I've never had a tenner run out of power at an awkward moment on me yet.... :default_biggrin:

I've started switching back to cash for a lot of stuff now, I never did like contactless but it was handy during the worst of covid.

And walking into the side door of an engineering place waving a card just doesn't get jobs done nearly as quick or cheaply, very handy when I needed to get an outdrive steering link welded in Boston so I could get the boat back across the wash to home waters....

• Like 4

Norton, McAfee, Nord VPN are all in business for some reason. When we say something is secure I think we mean that we believe it's relatively secure. Every time they come up with something more secure than the last thing, someone else out there will be working hard to crack it. 

On the subject of security: I had a spare RFID key wallet and put my credit card in it. The screening worked, I tried paying for lunch with it in the pouch and it wouldn't connect with the reader. Thank goodness it did when I took it out or I would have been washing up!

On 07/01/2023 at 16:34, Wussername said:

Might be. On the Taxi Rank at Ranworth two days ago. A well sort after mooring. All mod cons. Toilets on site. Nice pub across the road. Electricity. Water. Post Office. Cafe. General stores, and gift shop. Art Gallery. Boat trips round the broad. Manicured grass area courtesy Steve and his sit on mower. 

Interested parties must love ducks, an Egyptian goose that thinks its a duck, BA quay wardens and  boring old visitors (me).

Still there now 

I’ve no complaints about overstaying out of season on a mooring when there are plenty of available spaces for others wishing to use the moorings and the electric posts .

It is when an overstayer or overstayers moor in such a fashion that denies the use of moorings and facilities for others for a period of weeks that I get miffed .

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Is that second stage sent to the same phone that you are using?

It can be but you can nominate another number or email. Choosing a second message app that needs a further separate biometric would protect you even if someone else had somehow got your phone and unlocked and the got past the banking app login. You're looking at potentially 3 different log in names, 3 different passwords and biometrics. In practice you really would be a pessimist to worry.

When banking fraud does occur it is much more likely that the victim has been careless with personal information online allowing a badun to do a sim switch. Even then you'll know something is wrong because your provider will tell you your number has changed or your phone will report no sim although you still have one.

On 07/01/2023 at 08:48, jezhickling said:

So sorry to read this morning that a boat has been stolen and feel so sorry for the owners, I hope it is okay to post on here as just trying to help them recover her.

The details I have are,

It was stolen sometime from the 28 th Dec… It was tied up in Loddon, Norwich,Norfolk.

There have been reports it’s was seen in the reeds near Cantley on the factory side.

I don't know any other details but thought it may help by posting on here. Also may highlight the risk of theft.

The listing was on a Facebook page but should anyone have any information I guess you should inform the police.

Regards

Jeremy

image.thumb.png.41579f76247189872d5c371e4bdbf4c8.pngimage.thumb.png.e325b8ac56f3d26dc716cedeab03d34a.png

Can I please have permission to use these photos for an article for the Eastern Daily Press?
Many thanks,
Bruno Brown

I got the impression that the photos came from the facebook post about the theft, so not sure if thats the case whether the original poster has the ability to give permission for their use, you may need to trace back to the facebook post and ask there.