Len Goodman Rip.

Sad to hear Len passed away at the weekend. Aged 78 ,he had Bone Cancer.Not only was he a great dancer.He was funny and entertaining man. And in my opinion  helped a great deal making Strictly  a success. 

My thoughts  go to Lens family and friends. RIP Len.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I know little of Mr Goodman, but may he rest in peace, and deepest condolences to his family and friends. It is easy to overlook the fact that the personalities we see on our televisions are still husbands, fathers grandfathers, etc. 

Someone I knew much more about also passed away on Saturday, Barry Humphries. Through his alter ego Dame Edna Everage, he made me howl with laughter time after time, across a whole lifetime. I recall on one occasion he gate crashed the Royal Box and took a seat next to the then Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall. When an equerry appeared to remove "her" Dame Edna simply looked at the Prince and said "Excuse me, but they have found me a better seat"

A true entertainer. a commander of the British Empire and member of the Order of Australia, the Australian equivalent of Knight of the Realm. RIP "Sir" Barry

• Like 2

I get it,not everyone watch or watched Strictly. Not everyone  likes dancing.I've watched Strictly  since the beginning. As I said Len a great dancer,very knowable,funny and kind.He helped to make dance popular. And  often topping the viewing figures. For me it brings some happiness to dark, gray days of Autumn  and winter.For me quite local, from Woolwich  and he had a dance school in Dartford. 

RIP Len.

• Like 6

For anyone who is a Strictly fan there was a lovely programme on BBC1 yesterday evening. Strictly Len Goodman. I think it was put together when he left. But it also made a great tribute to a very generous and well loved man. I’ve just watched it on iPlayer and the end sequence brought a tear to my eye. Well worth finding and watching. 

RIP Len Goodman 💔

• Like 1