New Pubs In Salhouse

Jbx5

The Stag Pub (formally the Bell ) at Salhouse is coming along nicely. They have really gone to town on this refurb (it was very much needed ). Should be open early June I reckon. Also the Salhouse Lodge (I think this is to be called The Buck ) should be re opening around the same time again. So 2 new venues for our village and both pleasant walking distance from Salhouse broad moorings on a summers day.

John 

C61FA0AD-D3FA-4145-ABDE-18743A07A351.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good news indeed, many thanks for the update. It's quite a while since I visited them both, took the footpath across the ploughed field if memory serves. We'll be down shortly so will miss the opening but I'll certainly make a mental note to visit later in the year. Please keep us posted! :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

In past years ,The Bell was one of my top three pubs on the Broads , a locals pub with good food and good ales .

The former landlady used to pick you up from and drop you back at the Broad car park if you had booked a table , and if I let her know we were coming she would order in some smoked sprats for me too !!!!

• Like 3

No not the same owners, the Stag was bought by the same people who own and live at Salhouse Hall. The Lodge was bought by Colchester Inns ( Recruiting Sergeant group ).

John

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...