Low Wattage Heater Recommendations

Broads01

This will rather depend on what you're trying to achieve. Toasty warm or the chill taken off, and the volume you are trying to warm. 

I use the 500 watt oil filled radiators to heat the forward areas of Nyx. The cockpit has the chill taken off or my small cabin too warm for my likes. 

I run up to 3 of them. 1 in my cabin, 1 in the whole forward area, and the third in the wheelhouse.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

A small thermostatic fan heater will do just run it on low power, it's all we use during winter over night when plugged in just give it a boost from the boats own heating when leaving the pub (other hostelries are available-apparently) so it's toasty and shut off before you go to bed and let the fan heater keep the edge off overnight, once you are in bed it shouldn't be a problem.

Luckily I can phone the boats heating when ordering the last pint so it's toasty on arrival.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

thats either the beast or a very close clone, I got mine in roys when they were on offer one may, we have 1 for each of the cabins (and each of the shore power plugs- there are only 2) and they keep a small cabin lovely and warm, 2 will chew through a whole electric card overnight I found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1