1st March

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus i Helen a Graham, ac Arthur a holl aelodau'r NBN sy'n frrindiau i Gymru.

A chroeso mawr i ddiwrnod cyntaf y gwanwyn.

(Happy St David's Day and a big welcome to spring)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus i Helen a Graham, ac Arthur a holl aelodau'r NBN sy'n frrindiau i Gymru.

It may be the start of meteorological and horticultural spring, but the astronomical spring this year doesn’t start until the vernal equinox on March 20th.

Pedantry aside, the rain falling outside looks pretty much the same as the winter rain that fell, in quantity, yesterday!  At least it’s getting light earlier and dark later!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

At least it’s getting light earlier and dark later!

So you can see the bridge you can't get under for longer.....

There's a lot to be said for the southern rivers.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, kpnut said:

Diolch yn fawr Kate. (Thanks very much!).

A very happy St David’s day to everyone, despite the unrelenting rain. Hopefully the sun will come out soon.

:default_biggrin:
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

• Like 1

What Kate said, whatever that is :default_biggrin:

A very Happy St David's Day, especially to our Helen and Graham 

A very happy National Corgi Day too

As for Spring, I have no faith in it coming at all.

Walk the school run they say, it helps with fitness and the environment they say, so I did what they said (whoever they are). I got caught out in 40mph winds, torrential rain and my brolly blew inside out, thought I was going to take off like Mary ruddy Poppins :facepalm:x

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Gracie said:

my brolly blew inside out, thought I was going to take off like Mary ruddy Poppins :facepalm:x

For that to happen you would have to be "practically perfect in every way". Which I'm sure you are...:default_smiley-angelic002:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Mouldy said:

may be the start of meteorological and horticultural spring, but the astronomical spring this year doesn’t start until the vernal equinox on March 20th.

Yeah I know Mouldy, but being a grower, I go with the horticultural /meteo one as it comes earlier and cheers me up better! I’ve survived the winter gloom for another year!!

And yes, today’s rain felt  pretty much like previous, with a touch of sleet in it. And my waterproofs and the dog got just the same soaking as all through winter. It’s nearly dark here now, or so it feels. 

12 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Walk the school run they say, it helps with fitness and the environment they say, so I did what they said (whoever they are). I got caught out in 40mph winds, torrential rain and my brolly blew inside out, thought I was going to take off like Mary ruddy Poppins :facepalm:x

But doesn’t it then make you feel so much more justified to have a lovely treat along the biscuit/cake lines once home?

Sorry about the wrong bits copied on the next bit! (Smoggy first, then Griff was what I aimed for) 

I had a strange dream about Wroxham bridge last night, along those very lines. Will put in the ‘flooding’ thread. 

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Amending that to 'BridgeS'

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

So you can see the bridge you can't get under for longer.....

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

5 hours ago, Mouldy said:

4 hours ago, Gracie said:

Link to YouTube video please!:default_biggrin:

Got to the pub and back dry despite hideous looking clouds overhead and the torrential hail we drove through earlier,  I think the dog was most happy about it, she hates rain.

Now just got to get back to the pub dry......

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Link to YouTube video please!:default_biggrin:

Got to the pub and back dry despite hideous looking clouds overhead and the torrential hail we drove through earlier,  I think the dog was most happy about it, she hates rain.

Now just got to get back to the pub dry......

Eh?  A dry pub?  What are you doing there?:default_party0001:

• Haha 4

Dear kpnut can  you please forward your own home wine recipe and production tips as after your last posts it seems to work very well indeedy. :default_norty: I will always duck when under the bridge that devides Wroxham and Hoveton.

From another grower vegetable gardener , every season seems like ten months anticipation leading into two months disappointment. :default_biggrin:.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

can  you please forward your own home wine recipe and production tips as after your last posts it seems to work very well indeedy.

You wouldn’t want to taste some of it!

11 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

From another grower vegetable gardener , every season seems like ten months anticipation leading into two months disappointment. :default_biggrin:

You’ve summed up the growing of purple sprouting broccoli perfectly. Mines nearly ready. Hope the disappointment bit doesn’t happen. Yum, steamed with a bit of butter and pepper added. 

• Like 2

whenever I grew it, I would grow 2 rows in the allotment, then harvest it and it would just about stretch to one  meal, and cauliflowers always seemed to produce enough for a single floret.

• Sad 1

My ground just loves brassicas Grendel. It’s had many tonnes of cow muck dug into what started off as virtually pure sand.

They like it so much, I often choose to grow the mini varieties to keep them a sensible size at harvest. I have to individually stake the sprouts, otherwise they’d topple over. Only brassica that doesn’t seem to do anything is swede. 
And this year, getting pepper seedlings to germinate in my airing cupboard seems beyond my capabilities. I’m on the 3rd sowing now and wondering if I actually have two dud packets.