Aqua Emblem

Here’s me thinking no Norfolk Broads this year when over Easter we suddenly decide to book Aqua Emblem for a week at the end of April

Norfolk here we come 

looking forward to it already now please stop raining else we will never get under Wroxham Bridge 

Susan

• Like 11

Aquafibre Diamonds are usually quoted around 6'5" air draft, but Ferry seem to be stating 6'7". No doubt the pilots will have a better idea than anyone whether she'll fit nearer the time.

We took her under in June 19 but realistically it’s not looking likely this year shame as that’s a great trip up to coltishall I’m sure we will be happy wherever we go.

• Like 1

The Wroxham bridge pilots number is 07775 297638. I'm sure if you give them a call when you collect the boat, they'll be able to give a firm idea whether you'll be able to pass though, so you can decide whether to head upstream or elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

The clearance under Wroxham bridge is currently 6’ 2” which is about where it has been, give or take an inch or two for months.

It should, by rights, start to go down significantly in coming weeks though as spring progresses. If it doesn't, we all collectively need to do everything possible to make a massive noise about it, so BA and EA come under closer scrutiny for the issues of dredging and possible Herring bridge restriction.

• Like 3

I hadn't realised that Wroxham Bridge was so impassable at the moment. We are on Bella Maria on the 20th May so hopefully we can get through the bridge by then. Can't wait to get back to the broads. All of your exploits whet my appetite. Hopefully we will get a couple of trips in this year. 

• Like 3

For what its worth , 6'7" sounds about right. My Diamond was that, on the nail and I have not seen it quoted as 6' 5" - however I could be wrong but wouldn't like to be the one to test it!!!!!

I have been under Wroxham with under 7' on the gauge several times but because of the bend, you do have to watch it a bit!!

• Like 1