Best 2 Berth Boat

Gracie

Just looked at the pics on Richos site, its defo been given the Richos magic wand treatment! lol The engine use to be in the saloon, made a great towel drier lol You'll be fine at 5ft6" Errr hope you can reach the roof handles lol Only joking! :)

Hi Donnygeoff

Had No problems with Star Gem at all, as BroadScot pointed out there can be a bit of an issue with the bed but in general the Boat is well fitted out and very roomy. We had two weeks aboard Star Gem 2 a few years ago and we had a wonderful time, hope you enjoy her as much and a very happy 25th Anniversary to you both. cheers

Grace

I've read similar comments before about the Star Gem bed and whilst it was on my short list this year it was the bed that put me off (I'm 6 foot). I believe Crystal Horizon has the same issue and its a real shame for what otherwise is a lovely spacious 2 berth. Clive, over to you!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes, we hired Pacific Emerald for a weekend a couple of years back for the October meet at Coldham hall. It`s a bit tired in places, but still well presented, and very spacious. The only gripe i had with it was the central heating was next to useless, but they may have changed it by now.

If you`re looking for a boat for an October break, then if you wanted to go on the Southern rivers, i`d recommend Maffett cruisers "Swallow.". She`s an all timber fwd drive traditional boat with a full sliding roof. Really comfy,. and being all wood, very warm when it`s cold outside. Karen and i have hired her several times, and will always be happy to do so again.

Regards to all ........................... Neil.

• Like 2