A few days on Friday Girl

Hear, Hear, Howard!

And so I guess my lunchtime pint of Ghost Ship today in the New Inn, Rocklands, at £3.60, wasn't so bad... (Owned by Punch).

BTW, yesterday I sampled an excellent pint of Little Sharpie in the Swan, Loddon, at £2.60 a pint. That's not a printing mistake, £2.60 a pint! Apparantly they've sorted out a deal with Humpty Dumpty because they're selling 4-5 barrels a week.  :clap :clap :clap

• Like 1

Lovely photos.        The snap you took of the boats on the right hand bend on the Ant (one of our favorite spots up North)   reminds me of the night 3 boats came along and similarly moored.   Yes there were kiddies of all ages on board,  which was what upset me more than anything as the adults language was appalling, I could not stay any longer listening to it.    The parents should have been ashamed of themselves as what on earth will those kiddies grow up like, thinking that is every day language.    

As it happened we moved late for us and found that good mooring in front of Glistening Waters and stayed there for the night in peace and quiet.

Hylander, I could not agree more about being upset listening to adults speak to their children like that, I wouldn't dream of behaving like that in front of my boys and if anyone else behaved like that in front of them they would be told in no uncertain terms.

Sorry for going off topic but this makes my blood boil.

Grace

• Like 2

Ghost Ship is £3.00 in the Horning ferry, same as all the ales (and Fosters)

I get a headache every Saturday because of it, They also have Bure Gold from Woodfordes which

is similarly nice..

• Like 1

The Horning Ferry does seem to buck this trend of "Rip-off Britain" it does a fairly weak bitter at under £3 a pint, Cheap sausage rolls to mop up some of the beer and as Clive says, all its beers are either cheap or reasonably priced. Good luck to 'em I say!

• 4 weeks later...

Those old cruisers looked really nice John, hard to say which is nicest, possibly the first one for me.  Interesting tale as well.

"Speed in MPH, bridge heights in FEET and distances in MILES........... so WHY isn't "500 YDS" OK???"

It's the same in aviation as you know better than most John, height 5,000 feet, visibility 5 kilometres.

Keith :)

• Like 1

The meet will be well covered soon but our saga from Salhouse to Burgh casatle follows.

We set off from wet and windy Salhouse at 10.30 on Sunday morning to make a very slow cruise to be passing Gt Yarmouth at 15.00. That would be 20 mins before slack water and should let us cross Breydon without the flood tide against the forecast strong westerly wind.

As we passed by St Bennets I wodered why, oh why, do the BA get us so confused?

Speed in MPH, bridge heights in FEET and distances in MILES........... so WHY isn't "500 YDS" OK???

attachicon.gifSpring Trip 2014-5 042.JPG

Not long before GH we came across two boats moored to a post:

attachicon.gifSpring Trip 2014-5 043.JPG

A while later we were about a mile into Breydon when a ferocious line squall passed us by. The wind qickly increase to about a F6 on the nose and the waves were breaking over not only the bow but over the top of the boat...

attachicon.gifSpring Trip 2014-5 052.JPG

We slowly caught up a (bloody brave) hirer who had sensibly slowed right down and closed up to within 20-30 ft to get some protection.

attachicon.gifSpring Trip 2014-5 058.JPG        attachicon.gifSpring Trip 2014-5 061.JPG

Hi John,

Karen and i saw the 2 boats moored to a post in this posting on the Monday we saw you and Mary Jane in Loddon Basin.

I don`t want to say anything in open forum YET, but hopefully, when we come back in 2 weeks time, i`l be able to post some more info.

What i can say is the red and black tug was called out, because the Alpha it was towing blew its gearbox not long before which was a couple of hours after they picked her up

. That Alpha is a 32ft ctr ckpt, with the salloon amidships, and the aft end having an en-suite twin / double conversion, which is a lot more spacious than the standard 35 with a central pokey double en-suite.

I had a quick nose aboard her before Karen and i saw you at Loddon, so you must have seen her when you had Friday girls engine serviced. It was in a real state inside, but was sold as "ready to go". 

Another ex DRL boat too.

It's the same in aviation as you know better than most John, height 5,000 feet, visibility 5 kilometres.

Keith :)

Yes, Keith, and time in UTC instead of GMT.... our cross-Channel neighbours have a lot to answer for!  two guns

In that last bastion of Anglo-Saxon (well, their version of it) its all in good old "miles"!  :pirate

• Like 1