What the Broads have done to me :-)

LadyPatricia

Posted this elsewhere so if you have already read my poem i do apologise. I hope you enjoy it and I'm sure a lot of you will understand what I mean :)

THE NORFOLK BROADS.

For 42 years you mean't nothing to me

Your peace and your beauty I did not see

Then 3 years ago you entered my life

Through a boating holiday for me and my wife.

From that very first meeting you stole my heart

The way you grabbed me, right from the start

And when I'm not there, there's a continual burn

The urge, no the need, that I have to return.

I see you for, maybe, 3 weeks a year

I've talked about a move just to be near

The meandering curves, the way that you flow

There's no place on earth that i'd rather go.

During my visits what beauty I've seen

A more tranquil place, I don't think I've been.

The otters, the heron, a kingfisher or two

Are a few of the reason I return, as I do

Oh Norfolk Broads please explain this hold

That you have on my heart but which can not be told

At every opportunity I will always return

For that flame you ignited will eternally burn.

Steve

• Like 11

That's just lovely Steve, thanks for posting, it sums up the way I feel about the Broads.

Went to Spain a couple of times and remember thinking I wish I wasn't here lol. I have friends who think I'm mad not going abroad, mad I am then  cheers

Grace

Not mad Gracie

I've only ever been abroad for work reasons, never had any fancy to holiday out of this country and keep coming back to the broads time and time again (2 weeks to go until the next time)

David

• Like 1

Gracie,

I have done Europe by plane, coach and train. Lovely to see, but trust me legging it in places like Paris and Prague day after day to to see the sights, to say the least was knackering.

The first time we came back from Paris we were down to the Broads three days later to recover lol 

Basically boating is soooo relaxing. Long live our Broads Holidays :dance

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

"Norfolk as a whole is a magical place,"

That's a fair comment Watershed, there are places around the coast by the sea, there I've said it  :evil:  .  Some of the villages are really nice and a place I went to had a really attractive church with twin towers, for such a small place it is a huge church, just cannot remember the name of the village.  I believe the A47 around King's Lynn is particularly lovely this time of the year. :roll:

Went to Paris for a romantic weekend, turned out to be the least romantic weekend I've ever had. My husband suggested we walk to the Eiffel Tower from our hotel saying it wasn't too far, well it was bloody miles and had blisters for a week lol, needless to say we got a taxi back, also saw a rat the size of a small dog and frightened me half to death.

Give me the Broads every time, you just can't beat it for relaxation, we mud weighted on Barton Broad over night for the first time last year and it was pure magic. A walk for miles to the Eiffel Tower or mud weighting on Barton Broad? no contest and don't think I need to answer that :love

Grace 

• Like 4

Not mad Gracie

I've only ever been abroad for work reasons, never had any fancy to holiday out of this country and keep coming back to the broads time and time again (2 weeks to go until the next time)

David

This isn't so bad, if you want  peace and quiet.

post-198-0-91875700-1410365623_thumb.jpg

• Like 1