How far would you go?

riyadhcrew

I said to my other half that I fancied a few beers, so at the minute, I am checking the car and packing a suitcase. Myself, wife and 2 daughters will be leaving at 2.00am UK time tomorrow morning to drive 1050km from Riyadh to Dubai, so I can indulge in my fancy. I've done a few hours on the broads in the past to get to a good restaurant, but I think this is taking it to the extreme. Never mind, when I get my lips around a pint of John Smiths or Kilkenny, it will all be worth while, although the drive back may not be so good.  :cry  :cry

• Like 3

What about Bullards and Lacons and worst of all Tolly Cobbold!

Err...will I quarintine that lot Dave? :naughty:  I do remember sampling Tolly Cantab250 rocket fuel in a small bottle. Walter Coe sold it at The Locks Inn!

Alan, I have sampled The Bishops Finger in my time :naughty: , but found the Spitfire ale a bit dry for my pallet, probably the water?

cheers Iain.

When I was much younger, lived in London and drank mainly Youngs beer, I once went out on a Friday evening and woke up Saturday in Newquay Cornwall, only about 250 miles but as to this day I still have no idea how I got there does that count??

Frank,,,, 

• Like 3

Frank,

Beer fairies do that i am told. They also make you forget saying things and making promises (like I will do the decorating dear).

Can't believe no one has mentioned a good old pint of Wherry as it is the broads forum.

Eric,

So how much is a pint in Dubai then? Hopefully more expensive than the petrol?

What always got me about drinking in Bahrain was sitting next to the door in O'Neil s. Inside it was like being in my local O'Neil s in Bradford but outside...

I'd end up sat for hours nursing a pint knocking the door open with my foot. Pub....camels...pub...camels...pub...camels...pub...camels...pub...camels...Gulf Air Girl...camels...pub...camels...pub...camels...

• Like 2

I gave you a like for your Post Timbo but admitting to going into 2 O'Neils????? It was very close!

Dave cheersbar

I do have an excuse...I got paid to drink in O'Neils in the UK...well I got paid to play skiddley diddley but in true Blues Brothers style the bar bill was often more than the fee for playing.

• Like 1