Quiet and Peaceful 3

NorfolkNog

Well I heard that the Bure was a bit overcrowded this morning, with a beer guzzling Yorkshireman, so I headed out of Womack and turned upriver to pick up some fuel at Herbert Woods, before venturing under t'bridge (as no doubt our northern friend would have it) and onwards to Hickling (passing by the sunken G&H barge en-route).  Moored up for coffee and sandwiches.  Spotted a couple of kingfishers (birds, not lagers) and several marsh harriers, then meandered back to Womack in the afternoon.

• Like 1

For the attention of the forum moderators,

I always thought under the term of our TOS, intentionally making posts designed to upset other members was a no-no,

Howard is posting stories and pictures, with the sole purpose of winding me up, all done whilst sampling the delights of Norfolk pubs.

I'm green with envy Howard, keep the stories coming after all I am a masochist. :naughty:

Martin, I'm with you on this one.. although I tried to get this post modded earlier and everyone just laughed at me.. appalling... I would try the report button but I don't think that would work... :cry

I've been up to the broads in the winter before and I'm sure I've seen it busier than this.. Mr and Mrs Nog have clearly picked the best week! Keep enjoying and keep the pictures coming  :cry

• Like 2

Howard, that mooring outside the Swan gives me the shivers, I had to moor up there on our hen party on a warm bank holiday in May with every one and their mother sitting outside having a drink (did good though) I know that heavy hearted feeling at the end of a holiday, you'll just have to drown your sorrows with a pint of ale or two  :wave

grace

• Like 1

Howard, that mooring outside the Swan gives me the shivers, I had to moor up there on our hen party on a warm bank holiday in May with every one and their mother sitting outside having a drink (did good though) I know that heavy hearted feeling at the end of a holiday, you'll just have to drown your sorrows with a pint of ale or two  :wave

grace

Thanks Grace I'll do my best!

Know what you mean about mooring with an audience!

Alan (Happy) Nothing exciting I'm afraid, as Iain says we just got lucky, to be honest we wanted The New Inn but there was no way I was going to attempt a stern on mooring even if Gus was there to help, rather be a coward than an embarrassed wreck (me and the boat) Sorry Howard for going off topic

Grace

p.s Just read Marks post, no pole dancing, might have had something to do with the mooning and flashing though  :naughty:

• Like 2

No worries folks :-)

After every pub on the Northern Rivers being awash with Doombar I was afraid it could have spread to the Bridge Inn. But Phil is very much on the ball where beer is concerned and he guided me to A Good Stuffing a Wells beer and what superb stuff it was. Packed with hoppy flavour it went down a treat. I was quite gutted we had to leave to catch the tide.

The Bridge is an excellent pub. The beer, the food and the service and welcome are all superb.

Santa pays visit on Saturday 20th and I've hopefully got the festive opening times too. The New Years Eve looks cracker and the Christmas menu very tempting.

Pop in if you can, you will not be disappointed :-)

post-38-0-81702700-1418906126_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-01953500-1418906270_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-32744200-1418906373_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-54071500-1418906476_thumb.jpg

• Like 3