Stormy Weather

Gracie

The weather is atrocious here in East Sussex at the moment, almost dark and extremely windy with torrential rain, I understand that Scotland are about to be battered with two storms heading their way. Here's hoping that everyone in Scotland especially our Scottish friends on here stay safe, batten down the hatches and have a wee dram or two.

Grace

• Like 7

Hi MM,

Sadly if they get too much rain or snow in Callander in the Trossachs, it can flood a bit there. Personally, its a lovely drive in the summer months, but don't be in a hurry, the caravan brigade will slow you down :naughty:  Here are some pics of the area.  http://www.incallander.co.uk/gallery/calgalry.htm

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

'but don't be in a hurry, the caravan brigade will slow you down'

At the risk of going off the subject a bit.  We have, no end of times, been overtaken by some-one who 'will not stay behind a caravan', only to see them a mile of so later having not achieved anything and now stuck at the end of a large queue with a truck, cyclist or tractor in front.  A bit of patience goes a long way!!!!!!!

Mind you with the forecast we would not be towing anyway - far too much invested to have it turned over by a large gust.  That would slow traffic down behind us ...............

SueH

• Like 4

Lol Iain, I was just about to post the same thing, that's one of the reasons this Forum is so much fun to be a member of, you can post something and just like Forrest Gump says "You never know what you're gonna get"

I had my hair done today, so now it's gone from Stormy Wheather and chips to hair appointments :naughty:

Good luck in the storms

Grace

• Like 2

From Stormy weather to Chip shops in 6 post...amazing  :naughty:

cheers Iain.

And whats even better I had nothing to do with it! you lot must be after my job!,,

Iain! I had a big problem in the Trossachs, but I'm Ok now! the Dr gave me some cream for it,, :shocked

Frank,,,,

• Like 1

1 sports & social club, 1 café and 1 pizza place. plus the odd pick-up here and there.

Collectively they supply me with 200 litres a month which runs my Landrover Discovery, my sisters Volvo estate and Nyx.

The Sports and social club charges me 25p per litre and it costs me about 20p per litre to make, so my fuel costs me 45p per litre all in.

I understand that Scotland are about to be battered 

Gracie....everything gets battered in Scotland...Mars Bars, cake, burgers.

Iain ....Gracie went from storms to chip shops all in one post!

Peter...At school I had a girlfriend that worked in a chip shop...always made me feel hungry & you should have seen the musculature on her right arm from operating the chipping machine!

MM....Sports & Social Club charges 25p a litre... ah the 1970's ! Double Diamond!

• Like 2

Weather update folks. Still very windy here, but nothing like as bad earlier through the night. Prestwick Airport had gust well over 70mph (seen higher many a time) But if its moving south and you don't have the mountain protection we get, it could be nasty. Take care all and keep safe.

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Hi Iain,

On the radio this morning whilst going into work I heard that we had it bad in Yorkshire last night, it was certainly blowing where we live, we heard it all night.

The report mention that the worst effected area was Scotland where parts were experiencing gale force winds of up to 119 mph.

Regards

Alan