Snow

Hylander

We have around 10 inches of snow here in Matlock today! No hope at all of getting the car  out for the next few days as we are on an unserviced road. No gritting lorries or grit box so once it snows that is us trapped until it all melts. A chance to just stay snuggled up in my onesie I think!

post-18591-0-55328600-1422610953_thumb.j

• Like 2

We have`nt had any snow for a few years now, but then down here in sunny Dorset, we have our own micro climate. Several years ago, the papers had a sattelite view of the whole of Britain completely white,   all except for a small horshoe area encircling the Bournemouth, Poole and surrounding area.

I think the last snowman Karen and i built was about 5 years ago on our patio, it was only 2ft tall, but it was ours.

• Like 1

We have`nt had any snow for a few years now, but then down here in sunny Dorset, we have our own micro climate. Several years ago, the papers had a sattelite view of the whole of Britain completely white,   all except for a small horshoe area encircling the Bournemouth, Poole and surrounding area.

I think the last snowman Karen and i built was about 5 years ago on our patio, it was only 2ft tall, but it was ours.

I am in the gulf stream also, my wife had to show her pupils how to make a snowman ONCE. Kids had never seen snow except on the mountains over on the Isle of Arran. I have left Prestwick flown to Bournemouth and all the rest of west of UK was white. As Speedtripple says, Dorset is a green belt, where snow is rare.

cheers Iain.

Snowing quite heavily here in East Sussex and bloomin cold, if it settles I would expect the buses will stop running, the schools will be shut and trains will be a no no

The worst thing for me is when it ices over and you feel like you are walking on a skating rink, no good for one's heels Lol

Grace

• Like 1

No, sorry to say we are in a hotel at Postwick, but we have been to check her out and good job we did. Our batteries are dead we have no electric . Thats a job for someone and of course MONEY . A lot of driving around and a nice lunch at The New Inn at Horning, great to see the guys there . Now down to the bar for my half of Wherry shandy ( sorry Alan ). Regards Marina

• Like 1

Hi Marina

Sorry to hear about SweetKingfisher, hope you get her sorted soon.

It's freezing pretty much everywhere which makes for nasty roads, please take care and get home safely. How was your weekend in Norfolk, business or naughty? (oops I mean pleasure) :naughty: 

Grace

• Like 1

Sweetkingfisher where do you get your interesting smileys from please?

I think they are coming from the TapTalk app on a mobile phone.. If you visit the forum on a smart phone it will prompt to use that app (It's a good little app worth a look). cheers

• Like 2

ARRRRGHHHH !!!!!!!!!!

Right - having said that, it took me nearly an hour to get from Barton to Caister / work today

People who either do not know how to drive on a light dusting of snow, do not have the confidence to drive on a light dusting of snow, or have not taken steps to fit winter tyres to their car, STAY INDOORS

30 to 40 car tailback behind a little Fiat or somesuch.

• Like 2