What a Week I'm Having

BroadAmbition

:mad:

1) MrsG's GHD thingy has gone tits up - £100+ to replace (if I can't get them repaired)
2) MrsG's car battery is going tits up  - I've checked the alternator and it's fine
3) Printer is packing up, now won't print any colours (Yes I've checked the damn cartridge)
4) Washing machine gone tits up - needs a new PCB / motherboard
5) My 'Fein' cutter is beyond economical repair as of a phone call today

and they say things happen in threes? - just one more and I'm at half a dozen. Be glad when February is over at this rate :cry:

Griff

• Like 4

Since Boxing Day....

1. Dropped pressure cooker on the induction hob with resultant large cracks across it, no not covered on my appliance insurance, "accidental damage"; not covered on contents insurance, "it's built in"; glass only covered on structural insurance but Fagor went bust so no spare glass available. New hob.

2. Top half of TV screen goes 'funny' - see I can talk technical. :) it's a known Samsung issue, new telly on the appliance insurance.

3. Steam clean the oven, it trips every time it's turned on. Call to make repair call and so how end up with the same people who do the appliance insurance, "You could claim?" " No, I think it's accidental damage, I just paid Whirlpool up front and they put me through to you."

"I will just check for you."

"No, I know I am not covered."

"I will check for you... No you aren't covered. I will book your repair you paid for"

She meant well!

Engineer fits two new elements, one has gone, but I had paid the call out +spares so he fitted the other anyway. No not the steam in his opinion, but no I am not going back to claim, life is too short!

Oh yes, and Phill's printer has had a nervous breakdown.... :)

• Like 1

Just to make you all feel better, so far this week!

Monday; I stopped smoking last year and started Vaping, Monday I won a complete new Vaping kit, 

Wednesday; got three numbers on the lottery and won £25.00

Friday, today, shopping with Judi and found £1.00 in Tesco car park, did something I've never done before and bought a scratch card, won £20.00.

Your all thinking lucky S*d, but here's the amazing bit, I have honestly never won anything in my life apart from a toy Crane in a Christmas party raffle when I was seven years old, I'm now 64 (just don't tell anyone) so in this one week I've won more than than I did in the last 57 years, if you don't hear from me for a while, I've either won the lottery or the Euro, yup! done them both while I'm on a roll,  :dance

Frank,,,

• Like 5

while for some people Friday 13th is unlucky, for others it is lucky, usually those that have terrible luck the rest of the time - I mean if someone is unlucky and drops £1 someone has to be lucky and find it.

Griff, I am presuming a GHD is a Girly Hair Dryer?

Grendel

Just to cheer you up a bit, there is another Friday 13th next month and another one in November  :hardhat:

Full members status can be removed Geoff as fast as its handed out! :naughty:  :norty:

cheers Iain.

p.s, Being a tradesman I walked UNDER ladders on a Friday the 13th lol

Fri 13th saw our weekus terriblus round itsen up to a half dozen as our cd playing alarm clock thingy no longer plays cd's.

On the up side, Printer - sorted, new washing machine ordered.

Two down - four to go

A mate in the pub tonight (Harvey Arms - Finningley) will take MrsG's GHDs to hopefully get repaired this week

(Apparently so I'm told, GHD stands for either Good or Great hair day, can't see whats wrong with a brush mysen)

Griff

THAT'S NOTHING........

Just got daughter a prom dress, and said I will pay for hair/make-up/nails.......

Thanks dad,  I will also need new shoes to go with my dress....

Anyone got a spare £400, just for one night

KIDS EH....

I did say no to the limo she wanted though.....

:Stinky

I was faced with the daughters demand regarding prom and this was my answer.

"Dad I need some money for a prom dress!"

"Really?"

"Dad what are you doing?"

"Looking for my passport!"

"What for?"

"I need to check something, aha!"

"What?"

"Just as I thought.You are out of luck!"

"Why?"

"I'm not American and neither are you!"

I must add I had already donated a considerable sum as reward for passing examinations, but I'm afraid I don't do 'Yank' holidays and events. There's no 'Black Friday', no 'Trick or Treat (there's British Mischievous Night...so watch out), no 'Happy Holidays' and no 'prom'.*

*Subject to status & black looks from daughter, granddaughter, ex-wife and current partner.

• Like 3