Ludham Bridge Boatyard.....

sos247

I would like to thank Jason today he helped me when I got into difficulty when I was asked by a sailor for a tow under Ludham Bridge . You guessed it to windy and me being a novice ending up with me on the bank and not a hope of getting off but a good push off and we were away . Thanks jason

• Like 2

Those were no sailors Andy , that one you tried to tow , was the last of about six or seven such boats that went under Ludham Bridge

At best they were novices at worst clueless , but to be fair the conditions were awful

I watched them clambering all over moored boats a they ridiculously attempted to shoot the bridge using those funny sticks that they sometimes  leave in the mud lol

One guy who had no idea what to do , asked me why I was on deck with a boathook , as he had not hit my boat yet!

He then said to  the burly guy one the pole thingy " ignore the cruisers, they have to stop and give way to sailing boats"

My question is , since they were not sailing is it ok to run them over ? :Stinky:River Police

Alex

• Like 3

To be fair it was awful at Lbby, and Andy did manage to get stern-on to the sailie , but before a line could be attached the wind had caught him and put them both against the quay heading

There were many boats needing a hand off there during the day , which we did as required

On the plus side Jason was able to perform introductions during the rescue , so we could put faces to names

I would have invited you for a beer Andy , but the weather said otherwise , give us a shout if you see us about though, and we can remedy that :)

Peter ,I think the biggest problem seems to be that the sailies who need the tow there ,really only need it in very poor conditions , so as you say attempting it is always going to be a risk

Alex

• Like 1