Inconsiderate sailing?

alexandlorna

Personally i feel sailing boats/clubs holding adhoc race events on the broads is akin to Manchester United v Arsenal playing on a tescos carpark on a busy saturday afternoon.  

Having been a member of the BASC I can assure you that your anology is far too generous!

More like a kick about behind the bikesheds by a few spotty youths. :)

Having been a member of the BASC I can assure you that your anology is far too generous!

More like a kick about behind the bikesheds by a few spotty youths. :)

Either way, we all share the Broads. 

Should sailing boats be vapourised in order to make it easier for motor boats, or vice versa? No, neither way, we should all learn to get along together, end of! 

• Like 7

Well said JM, we should all try and get along together, I know I kid something rotten about the Sailies but they have as much right as any other river users to enjoy our beautiful Broads. You are going to get the odd person, whether they be Sailies, hirers or owners, who think they know it all, do as we do and thank them very much with a cheery wave and a smile (winds em up more than anything lol). Life is far too short, you need to get out there and enjoy it for what it is and for most of us it's a Boaters paradise

I don't think you can beat being moored up (as opposed to trying to navigate through them:naughty:) and watch the Sailies do their thing, especially at dusk and you can hear their flappy things flapping in the breeze, heavenly. So let's just enjoy our own and each others boat of choice, there's enough room for everyone 

Grace :kiss

• Like 6

I know!! lets just ban all boats from the Broads, as much as I love watching Raggies under full sail I have no interest in doing it myself, and never will have, yes! I agree there are some very inconsiderate sailies out there, but in my thirty years of owning stinkies on the Broads I have come across far more inconsiderate and downright dangerous stinkie owner than I ever have sailies,  the years have taught me a couple of things, always expect the unexpected,  and when you think you know what another boat is going to do, just hold back a couple of seconds in case they get it wrong, I honestly don't think either camp is doing anyone any favours with this us and them attitude, the more we all stick together and try to understand each other the better we can make things, we all have two things in common! we all love the Broads and we each love our type of boating on them, we can all do far more good by actually talking to each other rather than pointing out all the bad points both camps have, we need to educate each other, not only will it make all our experiances on the Broads better and happier, it will give us all a better understanding of why sailies and stinkies sometimes do the unexpected,,,

Frank,,,

• Like 8