Broads National park

Gramps

As the starter of this thread I feel that I need to say something in conclusion, In my clumsy way I was trying to find out if National Park status had indeed been applied to the Norfolk Broads.

I had no wish to open old wounds or be confrontational in any way, but it would seem that some people may have seen it that way, nothing could be further from the truth. I am an annual visitor to the Norfolk area and as an outsider would like to see it stay the way it is. There are people who live in the area and they are in a better position than I to determine what should become of this lovely place.

I offer my apologies to anyone who thought I was being provocative, and perhaps I should stick to lurking instead of posting

Regards 

Ron

Good God Gramps...please keep posting don't lurk!  :naughty:

I occasionally put my foot in it, I quite regularly ask a question that has probably been answered hundreds of times, but then if I didn't ask or post I would probably never find out 'stuff' and I would probably get a lot more work done...thinking about it.  :shocked

Thankfully there's usually some kind soul   :angel: who will search out the relevant links for me to catch up on my reading. Apart from which I'm just puerile and childish enough to occasionally enjoy poking the odd sleeping giant...just to see what happens like!  :naughty:

• Like 2

As the starter of this thread I feel that I need to say something in conclusion, In my clumsy way I was trying to find out if National Park status had indeed been applied to the Norfolk Broads.

I had no wish to open old wounds or be confrontational in any way, but it would seem that some people may have seen it that way, nothing could be further from the truth. I am an annual visitor to the Norfolk area and as an outsider would like to see it stay the way it is. There are people who live in the area and they are in a better position than I to determine what should become of this lovely place.

I offer my apologies to anyone who thought I was being provocative, and perhaps I should stick to lurking instead of posting

Regards 

Ron

Hi Ron,

You asked a question, and perhaps we didn't give it the correct response. Sorry about that.

Dinny lurk. please keep posting.

cheers Iain

• Like 2

No Ron, We're the ones who should be apologizing. It is, as you will have gathered, a subject that has been discussed on here many times. only very occasionally contentiously.

Most of the above comments are just us ribbing each other. Something I can only rarely resist.

The situation as it stands is that the BA has changed the "branding" of the broads from "a member of the national parks family" to "The Norfolk broads national park" even though the reality hasn't changed at all.

There are many who object to this rather strongly and others who are more laid back about it all. That is one area of contention. another is the cost of this "rebranding" and where the money comes from for such exercises.

So, in short, yes you did sort of parachute into a warzone but we do try to keep the battles friendly. Please don't stop posting, in time you will get used to us.... well maybe not me, but you'll get used to the others.

• Like 6

Thanks Guys, I may have been a little oversensitive and had my guard up a little too high but I enjoy this forum and would not do anything to muddy the waters

• Like 6

Gramps.. as mentioned please don't stop posting and just lurk.. a forum by (my reduced) definition is a place to ask questions etc... no questions no forum. So you did nothing wrong by asking... I also can't stand when forums tell you "go away and use the search feature and look for yourself" so thankfully no one did that .. but apologies for the negative replies to your post.. Any further questions please just shout! cheers

(P.s.. Don't mention the bin problem too.. (All rubbish bins have been removed..perhaps because the broads are no now longer a magical waterway so we are free to dispose of rubbish in the rivers like the old days)... If you are a hirer you need to dispose in other hire yards.. if you have your own boat you need to erm.. we aren't sure yet)...

• Like 2

Gramps if forums had a type this one would be a Hippy, we often have some pretty heated topics but in the end we all love each other and sort things out in a friendly way, it probably helps that we don't have one sane member here apart from me! I have a certificate to prove it, here the lunatics run the Asylum just look at the Mods, some of us myself included tend to forget that newer members don't always trawl back through all the old topics so it's easy to miss something thats already been covered,

Frank,,,