Paddle Boarding Race.

BroadScot

I hope they are starting at intervals or it'll be like the 3 Rivers Race on the river, I would think it would take only half a dozen side by side to block it.! and they would have right of way over everything else!

From How Hill to Ludham Bridge will be madness - but I think there will be a RIB out front to warn people they're coming.  After that, and certainly by the time they hit the Bure, the field will scatter quite a bit - and they don't take up nearly as much room (each) on the river as a river cruiser in full sail (and they don't tack), so the latter stages shouldn't be so bad for other river users.  I reckon the risk is mainly to themselves (especially the beginners), especially from big boats with big wakes.  

I saw the signs advertising a SUP race, and thought it was some kind of beer drinking marathon. Fortunately the penny dropped after a couple of minutes.

cheersbar

Steve

I saw the signs advertising a SUP race, and thought it was some kind of beer drinking marathon. Fortunately the penny dropped after a couple of minutes.

cheersbar

Steve

Nah Steve,

It would have said the Norfolk Nog SUP Race for the drinking marathon. :naughty:

cheers Iain

You Guy's must be so disappointed Liberty's picture wasn't quite what you were expecting lol........ smashing picture Liberty, any more from where that came from?  :naughty:

Grace

Not disappointed at all - the ladies race set off after the mens, and it was most enjoyable to watch them come through Ludham Bridge.  I was then able to follow them on the river all the way round to Womack.  Only saw one fall in, poor lass, but she soon managed to get back aboard.  Sadly no pictures - forgot my camera - but most entertaining.

• Like 1