Wrong turning at yellow post

diastar

I think your all going over the top here, how many boats transit GY each year? Thousands probably, this is the 1st time that most of you will ever have heard of a boat going the wrong way so why all this ponitification. Some one made a mistake, it happens it always will. The vast majority have no problem adhering to the current sign and instructions so why spend yet more Toll payers money to cure a problem that don't exist. 

I know, while we are making the new signs why don't we have them done in English, Welsh, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Kurdish, Urdu, Russian, Bulgarian... just in case. Get real folks you can't legislate for evey possible eventuality, if it were happening on a weekly basis, yes do something if it is as in this case a once in a blue moon occurance, leave it be.

Oh by the way, I'll have a chicken Curry and a pint of Wherry!

Dave cheers

I don't think ALL have gone over the top Dave, many are tongue in cheek remarks. But do agree it wont stop it happening again. A Flood Barrier just about there would stop them maybe?  :naughty:

cheers Iain.

I do agree Iain, my posts have just been a bit of a laugh but I also agree with Dave, I think for as long as there are boats hire or private on the Broads this type of thing is going to happen, as long as no one is hurt, no harm done. I have a vision in my head of a little old Boat like, say, Petite Gem taking a wrong turn, the helmsman scratching his head thinking he's never seen a Broad this big before and when he see's France in the distance do an immediate about turn and chug back lol

Noo we cannae ave that can we? :naughty:

Grace

• Like 1

Don't really know what the problem is, it's been going on since boats were first hired out.Same as running aground on Breydon, back in the seventies two Summercraft boats with same family on board, ran aground well outside the posts. One of them was a Thames lighterman. It's not only idiots who do it.

Don't really know what the problem is, it's been going on since boats were first hired out.Same as running aground on Breydon, back in the seventies two Summercraft boats with same family on board, ran aground well outside the posts. One of them was a Thames lighterman. It's not only idiots who do it.

Its the holiday not a worry or care attitude getting into them, they are oblivious to every thing around them ...

• Like 1

Nice ones, Dave, especially the brown one!

Over the years several hire boats have headed off to the sea, one famously arrived at Southend!

A couple of years ago we were at the Gt Yarmouth Maritime Festival and a hire boat went through bridge, heading for the sea, with a BA Ranger in hot pursuit! I wonder just how often it happens.

I had you in mind on that one :)

In all seriousness it doesn't strike me as a good thing to have novice navigators with no VHF mixing it with container ships.

Amended in light of comments

IMG_1676.png

• Like 3