Navigating Wroxham Bridge

SwanR

Someone I know is out on the Broads at the moment on their Dutch barge - Notso. They wintered down in Devon and have been making their way back up round the coast. They are now spending some time up and down the the rivers, both north and south. A few days ago they went through Wroxham Bridge. Here's the video.

https://youtu.be/ACLpdoNHksU

• Like 6

I loved the calm " To port,  to port"  followed afterwards by the "ok  to star board to star board"  that then escalated to a sing song version as they went through . Certainly  calmer than I could have managed  if I were guiding.

Well done   

• Like 1

I once asked Graham the Potter pilot the secret to getting through the bridge Potter or Wroxham. His answer was "know it will fit, stand in the centre of the boat and get the boat in line with the keystone and then go for it" Almost blind faith really. I'm happy doing Wroxham bridge, but never had the nerve to do Potter bridge myself. :eek:

I once asked Graham the Potter pilot the secret to getting through the bridge Potter or Wroxham. His answer was "know it will fit, stand in the centre of the boat and get the boat in line with the keystone and then go for it" Almost blind faith really. I'm happy doing Wroxham bridge, but never had the nerve to do Potter bridge myself. :eek:

That's what I use to do at Wroxham, till all the dangly bits blocked the view, and a Pilot put the end to me Keystoneing through :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1