Go see a doctor

riyadhcrew

I just got home from spending 4 nights in hospital with more drips in me than an irrigation system. The reason why - was my own pig headedness and ignoring the advice of my wife. What happened was as follows:

Last Saturday at 2.00am whilst in bed, I started shaking quite violently for around half an hour and I put it down to the flu. My wife wanted to take me to the hospital (which is only 2 mins away) but I said I'd be OK.

Saturday - didn't feel well all day, but kept taking panadol flu tabs until bed time. During the night the shaking returned and once again, I put it down to the flu.

Sunday - didn't feel well all day and went to bed at 5.00pm. Shaking started again and this time, my wife forced me to go to see a doctor. He said that the flu would not give me the temperature that I had and took some blood tests and I had a chest xray.

After 1 hour, the results came back and the doctor called me to his office from the waiting area. I asked "when can I go home?" and he said "I'm admitting you for treatment".

It transpires that what I thought to be flu - was infact PNEUMONIA.

He also told me that the shaking was due to a high fever and at my age - was prime fuel for a stroke or heart attack or both.

That frightened the sh1t out of me - especially as it was on my birthday.

So peeps, don't self diagnose - go see a doctor - please.

• Like 10

I had something similar a couple of years back, allthough not pneumonia it was actually hypothermia, at the time I did;nt feel right so called an ambulance which arrived promptly only for them to tell me I was fine annd just had a chest infection even though my core temp was 4 degrees lower than normal and then they left.

So I had to deal with it myself, I get no help from officials, useless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, riyadhcrew said:

I just got home from spending 4 nights in hospital with more drips in me than an irrigation system. The reason why - was my own pig headedness and ignoring the advice of my wife. What happened was as follows:

Last Saturday at 2.00am whilst in bed, I started shaking quite violently for around half an hour and I put it down to the flu. My wife wanted to take me to the hospital (which is only 2 mins away) but I said I'd be OK.

Saturday - didn't feel well all day, but kept taking panadol flu tabs until bed time. During the night the shaking returned and once again, I put it down to the flu.

Sunday - didn't feel well all day and went to bed at 5.00pm. Shaking started again and this time, my wife forced me to go to see a doctor. He said that the flu would not give me the temperature that I had and took some blood tests and I had a chest xray.

After 1 hour, the results came back and the doctor called me to his office from the waiting area. I asked "when can I go home?" and he said "I'm admitting you for treatment".

It transpires that what I thought to be flu - was infact PNEUMONIA.

He also told me that the shaking was due to a high fever and at my age - was prime fuel for a stroke or heart attack or both.

That frightened the sh1t out of me - especially as it was on my birthday.

So peeps, don't self diagnose - go see a doctor - please.

Agreed!

cheersIain

Crikey Eric, just logged on and seen this, hope you feel better very soon, take it from someone who knows, never, ever ignore any symptoms and never self diagnose, one more thing, ALWAYS listen to the ladies in your life, we can and mostly always know best lol

All the best Eric :kiss

Grace

• Like 3

best wishes for a full recovery, I too now head to the doctors for any symptoms, after thinking I had got heat stroke I went up to the hospital, it turned out to be myocarditis (infection of the tissues round the heart) and they kept me in hospital for 2 weeks.

the next time was a pain in the right shoulder- deep in, that turned out to be a clot on the lungs, only overnight on that one, but I am still on the warfarin years later.

• Like 1