Guy Martin

13 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

GOOD WANNIT?

Yep - very.  Wonder if my Tiger could do it?

Griff

Probably, but could you get back down without stuffing it up, like Guy did on his first attempt on the small wall.

I reckon it will only be beaten if someone builds an even bigger diameter wall to keep the G forces down.

11 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Yes it was a good program, personally I think he should have stuck with the Indian, his bike seemed to not be as stable on the wall, it looked as if he was fighting vibration all the time.

A good record broken and long may it last.

Regards

Alan

It wasn't just me then. His own bike looked positively skittish compared to the Indian.

Excellent programme though.

cheers

Steve

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SteveO said:

It wasn't just me then. His own bike looked positively skittish compared to the Indian.

Excellent programme though.

cheers

Steve

He did mention he had a wobble when his vision went for a fraction of a second, but managed to throttle down until he could see the red line again.

Interesting though, his home built bike was a 70s BSA Rocket 3 engine, housed in a 70s Rob North racing frame. The engine note was distinctly triple in tone, just like my 955i Daytona. Absolutely uniqe. I did like the modified Indian Scout though, it had a nice sound, and looked much more stable, as it`s a laid back cruiser style, designed for straight line cruising, ideal for the wall of death riding. The Rob North Rocket 3 was a modified track racing frame, with much sharper steering, specifically for quick directional changes required on race tracks, the trade off being much reduced straight line stability.