Colman’s Mustard Shop Norwich

When we visit Norwich we love to visit the Colman’s Mustard Shop, but reading the EDP today they are closing the shop shortly, but they are going to reopen in a new location. The new location is still unknown, but they hope to open around September. 

The reason for the move they say is the high rent, so fingers crossed it's not too far away from the centre.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When ever Kate and I go out for a meal there is always a pot of freshly made mustard in her bag , can't abide sachets of non Colmans .

even the Bridge at Acle was serving Heinz so called Hot Mustard on Saturday !!!!

must say the ham egg and chips was top drawer though 

Mustard is only hot enough when it makes your nose run and your eyes water.

I once had a hotdog from a hotdog van, squeezed the mustard on liberally as usual, but unusually the hotdog van had made proper mustard, I took one bite and my eyes watered and my nose ran, I then went on to polish the whole thing off with relish, and went back and congratulated the proprietor for his unusually good mustard.

• Like 3

Waitrose "English" is also very good. Remember though Mr. Colemans favourite saying:

" I did not make my fortune by people eating my mustard, I made it by what they leave on their plates"

I was speaking to one of the assistants on the day the Royal Arcade shop was closing and there was some difficulty finding a suitable shop. She said the most promising was one in or around the Guild Hall where the people who run it already have a cafe. We are taking friends in July on the Broads and she particularly wants to visit, so hope it would have reopened but the assistant said it probably would not be till the autumn .

Coleman's itself has been part of the Unilever empire since 1995. I remember Lord Leverhulme used to present the prizes at the Awards Day of my school in the early 60s.

Fred

• Like 1