More Newbies (to The Forum At Least...)

Markw

Hi everybody,

Been reading through all the excellent posts on the forum and thought it was about time we joined.

Mark & Jules here (will be Mark posting usually as Jules has no patience online whatsoever...) 

Where to start - have been in & around boats since i was a kid - had my first broads holiday as a youngster, went onto sailing as a teenager then have been back to the broads 7 or 8 times over the past 10 years or so.  Hired from Swancraft in early days. then from Faircraft and latterly Brooms.

I must add here that following a family holiday some years ago - my parents then sold up & moved to Caister from the Midlands - dad is already onto his second boat and based up in Stalham.

As with many others - we fell in love not just with the broads but being around water and boats in general and whilst we holiday in various places, we are inevitably drawn towards the water.

We have many stories and pictures we can bore you with another time (including crewing on my best mans Fairline targa 43) - but wanted to add that we are on the water this coming weekend.  Having a short 3 nights on Broom Captain (4 i believe) to celebrate my birthday.  We were on the water in the same boat last year and will be visiting the following;

Friday 8th Sept - leave Brundall and have a short trip to Waters Edge  Bramerton -  mooring and meal booked :-)

Sat 9th - will potter down to Beccles and overnight there - again mooring & meal booked

Sun 10th - head upto Rockland (via Waveny River Centre - just because we have never actually stopped there and had a nosey) - overnight in Rockland staithe 

Mon 11th - back to Brundall & home.

Weather is not looking too good at the moment - however, that will not dampen our spirits (and the alcohol will keep us warm...).

Will try to add some contributions to the forum in the next few weeks...

Mark @ Jules

• Like 3