I Am Now Officially On Holiday

Cockatoo

I work nights and I've finished early so I am now on holiday.

We are on board Ranworth Breeze for our first ever week starting Tuesday so today's plan is a short kip then shopping for the essentials and packing the car ready for the trip up. The trouble is I keep adding to the list :)

Steve

• Like 6

Hello Steve,

It was good to see you again and your father in law Les.

Thank you for the lunch by the way.

You should be fine on our boat Ranworth Breeze, just watch out for the wind, the canopy down is the best option or it acts as a sail.:default_norty:

No calls of yet so you must be doing well.

Regards

Alan

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Steve,

It was good to see you again and your father in law Les.

Thank you for the lunch by the way.

You should be fine on our boat Ranworth Breeze, just watch out for the wind, the canopy down is the best option or it acts as a sail.:default_norty:

No calls of yet so you must be doing well.

Regards

Alan

Thanks we haven't been anywhere yet Alan lol

Yesterday we went to Mum's and went into Cromer for lunch. Debs is finally getting away from work today so she will be here later so we will probably stay here tonight and go off exploring tomorrow. Might go for a potter about later though. 

• Like 1

Sorry guys I've been a bit slack posting on here. My excuse is I've been enjoying not being stuck on a computer and I hate posting on my phone:default_biggrin:

Well Les and I did a round robin I  the car on Thursday while we were waiting for Debs to join us. We went to Wroxham, Potter Heigham and Great Yarmouth. While in Wroxham Alan (@Ranworth Breeze) rang to say the marina wanted to move us back to our proper mooring. I rand them and said I had the keys with me and would be back about 4 but they said they would pull it round as it is only two spaces down. Yarmouth was a wasted trip as I wanted to observe the bridge clearances at low tide but the two pubs that overlook the bridges were shut, one semi permanently if the bailiffs notices were anything to go by :default_badday:

So back to Brundall we go. Debs arrived in time to have something to eat in the Yare and then we were back on the boat so I could find out how my unpacking wasn't up to standard. All sorted out now except I seem to have far less cupboard and drawer space then I did before. Who would have known that 50/50 wasn't fair eh guys? 

Right I'm going to post this before my phone decides to delete it and continue in another post

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Oops rereading that I'm going to have to watch autocarrot, especially if I mention ducks. 

Anyway, Friday and time to get out on the river. We headed towards Norwich, moored in the little cut before Thorpe and took a walk to the Rushcutters but didn't stay long because they kept hassling us to order food. This is a shame as it used to be a nice pub when I lived in Norwich, nice enough to warrant a cab to I their for a drink. Don't get me wrong, we wanted to eat but wanted to sit and relax with a drink first. We went to the Buck, aah a proper pub. Good beer and good food (and a lot better value for money than the other one). Walking back to the boat and Tilly was walking funny, crabbing along the path. When we got back we had a look and her life jacket has rubbed a raw patch behind her  elbow so we are going to have to replace that. So that's one more thing to add to my list of 'Useless things in life' 

Air in a fuel tank

Altitude above you (pilots will get this one) 

And now

A life jacket you can't wear

Aaaaand back to Brundall 

• Like 6

Hi Steve. Glad to hear The Buck is back on form. It's had quite a rocky ride the last couple of years. Pity The Rushcutters are getting a bit pushy over ordering food. I would have left too. If you looked out of the bay window of The Buck just to the right and opposite the church are our two boats moored side by side.

Have a safe trip back to Brundall. It will be interesting with this easterly and light snow.

Colin:default_beerchug:

I don't blame you. We are not going anywhere today either. I was hoping too get some work done but going to stay in and watch the wood burner :default_biggrin:. Sausages, onions, roasties, yorkies with veggies and loads of gravy for tonight's meal. 

Have a good time anyway.

Colin:default_smiley-char054:

• Like 1