Misty Start For Crews This Morning

ranworthbreeze

Looking at the webcams this morning it looks like a misty start for all crews on the Broads this morning, it could end up being a very sunny day.

On the peregrine webcam all you can see is the bird box, the normal view of Norwich is totally obscured, Oulton Broad is the same (the option the control the camera there is not working from my test this morning , you have to login but still not any control) Wroxham slightly better but the long shot to the bridge shows the mist.

Misty or not I would still prefer to be on the boat, four weeks to go, Tan's started with her lists.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

Hi Alan

I love it when it's misty on the Broads, my dad would tell us ghost stories when we were little sitting outside the boat when it was foggy, used to scare the hell out of us (father of the year or what lol)

Tell Tan not to forget to start the boat box, you just HAVE to have the boat box or you will have Dave to answer to :naughty:

Grace

• Like 3

I notice the two main Horning Sailing Club webcams have gone off line this morning, and they were fine yesterday.

Last year they went off line a few minutes just before the 11.00 am start of the 3RR.

Is it intentional I wonder.....?

3rr webcams.jpg

16 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Hi Alan

I love it when it's misty on the Broads, my dad would tell us ghost stories when we were little sitting outside the boat when it was foggy, used to scare the hell out of us (father of the year or what lol)

Tell Tan not to forget to start the boat box, you just HAVE to have the boat box or you will have Dave to answer to :naughty:

Grace

Go on Grace I will bite, what do you regard  as the "boat box", I assume Dave is HWMBO (he wishes).

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Dave being David (Deebee), he is very much like me and always starts a boat box. what he puts in his and what I put in mine may be two completely different things, so you will have to ask him

Tea bags, wine, coffee, wine, tins of stuff, wine..........you know the sort of thing, less shopping to do when you get there, oh and a tin opener :naughty:

Grace

• Like 3

Hi Grace, 

Yes Tan does get a few odd items together such as brown sauce, vinegar, we take the cheese (and other items) out of the fridge so they do not go to waste. Tan makes up little bags of porridge complete with nutmeg or cinnamon for her breakfasts. 

To me a boat box, well in our case boat bags is the boat kit, spare lamps, fuses, connections, ropes, canopy fittings and studs, sowing kits, fids, ropes, boat cleaning materials, sticky stuff remover, mildew remover, water trap crystals, fender sock stockinette. I have get all of gear into two Morrison's bags and tan is allowed six bags for the cloths and any of her cleaning materials. That is more or less what I can get into the car with just space for us.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Dave being David (Deebee), he is very much like me and always starts a boat box. what he puts in his and what I put in mine may be two completely different things, so you will have to ask him

Tea bags, wine, coffee, wine, tins of stuff, wine..........you know the sort of thing, less shopping to do when you get there, oh and a tin opener :naughty:

Grace

Grace, that is us to a T, always had a Broads cardboard box, its all part of the holiday ! :party:

cheersIain

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Polly said:

Not intentional, just traffic I expect, 3RR is a very well followed race. Wish I was there .

It can't be traffic Polly because the six webcams appear to be hosted on a special high bandwidth server at http://3rrcams.horningsc.co.uk/index.php , no doubt to cope with the extreme hits, as they have always done prior to this year and last year.

If that server was flooded with hits the whole webpage would go down, yet the images from the other webcams are working ok, more or less, just like they did last year, when the HSC webcams went down also.

As well as that, the same cams feed the HSC's regatta week wbecam page, and that's directly hosted at http://www.horningsc.co.uk/webcams/webcam.asp?camera=club_up which has also stopped displaying this morning.

The only way that the live feed can have stopped from the clubhouse cams is if they'd been specifically switched off, or if they've lost their Broadband uplink, (since this morning).

Eh up I though my ears were burning, yep our boat box is always at the ready

we keep the likes of gas lighter insect repellent, sauces, couple of decent kitchen knives (although these days rarely have to use them as boat kit has greatly improved) and of course the NBN burgee along with various other leads and adaptors we might need.

We don't keep any kind of alcohol in the boat box......... It would never make it into the car cheersbar

• Like 4

We definately take the biscuit!  Good job our main vehicle is a Renault Traffic van.

Da da - the boating wardrobe, everything is to go to Shadow.  Complete with ticklist.DSC_0168.JPG

Excuse pretty pink not like this really! 

SueH

• Like 3

Id like a boat box made up by Grace please. Easy on the coffee and tins of stuff though. Don't want to overdo it!!!

just to be annoying, we leave all that stuff on out boat. Just have to take clothes, food and restock the wine cellar. Mind you over the winter our garage and spare bedroom look like a chandlers!!!

• Like 2

LISTS

Don't talk to me about Lists.

Jill makes a list of what's on board when we leave the boat. then a list of what is needed  the next visit.

She has 3 clothes lists dependant on the weather forecast.

We have booked a cruise to Norway in Aug 17 and she has started a list.

My list remember the Bl!!DY boat keys ( having nearly forgotten the once).

paul

• Like 5

I think we are at cross purposes here, this thread started with misty mornings then went on to boat boxes and the 3 rivers race, JM started a thread this morning about the 3RR, just got a bit muddled, this forum at one of it's many bests :clap

As for the 3 rivers race, I haven't a clue how it's going but I do hope it's not too misty and they all remembered their boat boxes :naughty:

Grace

• Like 5

And keys. Now have I ever done that before:naughty:

oh and I did forget my bag with my clothes in once. Remembered everything else. Had to leave my mates on board drinking my beer while I went home for it. Good job I'm only 40 mins away or all the beer would have gone.  

Nearly 9pm,very light winds here in Thorpe, has anyone finished? Just watched what could be a punt going up through potter. Shame the web cams are down. We normally picnic at Acle bridge but other half not been well so unable to go.

colincheersbar

• Like 1

Not sure but there has been steady wind all day and everyone should have made good progress. The organisers do try to make the punts and A raters take their share of the lighter evening winds by start measures, but I'd be surprised if a good few aren't through by about 10 pm 

31 minutes ago, Islander said:

Nearly 9pm,very light winds here in Thorpe, has anyone finished? Just watched what could be a punt going up through potter. Shame the web cams are down. We normally picnic at Acle bridge but other half not been well so unable to go.

colincheersbar

We have also seen the very light winds in Thorpe, and hope they are not going to have a long night of it.

14 hours ago, Gracie said:

Tea bags, coffee, tins of stuff, wine..........you know the sort of thing, less shopping to do when you get there, oh and a tin opener :naughty:

Grace

Sorry Grace, you've lost me there.... Got the wine, wine & coffee bit but tins? I only ever buy bottled beer cheersbar

as for a tin opener, I've seen London Rascal's advice on opening tins so always take my  Swiss Army Screwdriver everywhere I go!

only joking of course you know............. Or do you !

oh and tea bags!! ..... Whatever next?..... You'll be telling me you can buy sliced bread next :kiss

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

You're not wrong there Iain

and Grace I said beer..... Fosters & Stella ?!  (Might have opened a can of worms here :hiding: ) ..

I'm sure Howard will confirm

No your safe Dave the season dont start till 16th, but did see two :norty: geezers fishing yesterday off a private boat, not far from wayford bridge.......

Charlie

• Like 2