England

Gracie

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:37 AM, Gracie said:

As  some of you know, my family and me are huge footie fans. Family will be gathering at mine tonight, wearing England shirts, beer, wine and food will be consumed, then, whether we win or lose, the arm chair experts, as in Dad, brothers and brothers in law will put the football world to rights, be very vocal as to how it should have been done and the Ref, well the Ref should be hung or given a medal which will depend on if he made the right decisions or not. With the World cup, it only happens every two years and for absolute certainty we won't be in it for long but what a fantastic opportunity to bring family together for an excuse to have a beer (not that there's any need for excuses lol) and a ruddy good laugh

COME ON ENGLAND :trophy

Grace

p.s The footballers don't look bad either :naughty:

Neil,

Please read the opening post on this thread, posted on 11th June 2016......

As you can possibly see, it is a thread about football, or more importantly, a thread about England being in the European Cup Finals.

Now, call me cynical, but if a post was started, and I read it, and it was about people riding bikes round and round in circles,

I would not bother replying, because that bores me as much as golf.

So please if you are not interested in the topic of a post, do not try to belittle the people who are.

• Like 2

knock out stage next....

With comps like this, finishing 1st or 2nd doesn't matter in my eyes (rose tinted, probably) because to win you will need to beat everyone you play in the knockout round, whether you play the best team in the last 16 round or in the final, you still have to beat them.

Still got a chance of loosing to Germany on penalties ( unless NI beat them of course)

Chin up, it's not as bad as it seems, Slovaks went out for a draw and defended, because they hope 4 points will be a good 3rd place finish.

If they went into the game to win, why did they sub a striker for a centre back......

we can still do it

cheersbar

• Like 2

We just do not seem effective in front of goal. It was the same when playing Russia and Wales. There is something wrong somewhere because it is a consistent failing it seems. Yes, we are a hard team to beat but it appears to stop there. We were all over the opposition but .......

the problem is European teams know how we play........

They know this because virtually every European team has premiership players in it....

tonight Skirtle (if that is how you spell it) kept us out (Liverpool)

We have no player who plays outside of the premiership, so no inside information so to speak.

cheersbar

21 hours ago, donnygeoff said:

Neil,

Please read the opening post on this thread, posted on 11th June 2016......

As you can possibly see, it is a thread about football, or more importantly, a thread about England being in the European Cup Finals.

Now, call me cynical, but if a post was started, and I read it, and it was about people riding bikes round and round in circles,

I would not bother replying, because that bores me as much as golf.

So please if you are not interested in the topic of a post, do not try to belittle the people who are.

Did you ever do English language at school Geoff?.  If you read all my posts, i`m belittling FOOTBALL, and the disgustingly overpayed overhyped over ego`d millionaires that play it, well, try to play it anyway. I don`t think i made ANY derogatory comments about ANY FORUMITE who watches it?. And now you`ve started on the subject, one thing i WILL state as a FACT,  NEVER in the history of motorcycle racing has there EVER been any crowd violence or trouble between rival rider fans, in fact, it`s quite the opposite. EVERYBODY joins in and watches a race, and is always very respectful of all riders, as they are putting their lives on the line for a championship, and to entertain us,  and to all the opposing fans.  Now, please tell me, how many England football fans now, and in the past have been arrested, deported from other countries, BANNED from returning to these countries, and had the same here at home, for hooliganism, violence, and just being drunk and diorderly?.  I think football fans everwhere should watch and learn from the motorcycle racing world?.

Over to you Geoff

PS, i notice you have`nt had a snipe at a couple of others on here for THEIR critisibms, any reason why?

• Like 1

Did you ever do English language at school Geoff?. 

I will not get into arguments or slanging matches Neil, but just to answer your question, yes I did English at school, I also did French and Latin.

Back on topic,

The last 16 draw looks very interesting with Germany (world champions), Spain (European champions), France, England and possibly Italy in the same half.

And Croatia did well tonight, going to be tough from now on.

:Stinky

• Like 2

On 20/06/2016 at 4:54 PM, donnygeoff said:

Now then, Wench...... (always wanted to say that without getting hit)

I am having a little trouble with this off side malarkey rule,

as you know all about clean sheets, any chance of telling me what off side is.

:hiding:

Yes you should be hiding, dont be a twit

The Wench

Edited by BroadScot
Language a tad too colourful! Added W ;-)

On 14 June 2016 at 1:25 PM, BroadScot said:

There are 5 million folk waiting with bated breath for Thursdays result....come on Wales !!! Well I am half Taff !!! :naughty: 

cheersIain

Ah yes....Lady Patricia... Lastdraft and Poppy are on my radar! :naughty: Norwich City ..Irish? Its SCOTTISH managed....for now lol:naughty:

A Scotsman walks into a bar, usually with an Englishman a Welshman and an Irishman.............. but they are all at the Euros !!! 

2 Euro exits in a week!!!!!!!!!!:party::Sailing

Very poor show - and Woy the pensioner manager has resigned. Perhaps we can have someone with some charisma now please.